IGNORED

Making new friends

J3FF3R00

signing up at the gym and then doing all the weekly football/other sports where you speak to people classes has always seemed like a decent idea. i met all my friends simply by drinking and going to clubs though.

getting dumped in a city with absolutely no friend changed me completely, btw, from introvert to extrovert in the matter of a single year. best thing i ever did, even if its a farcry being a 20 year old student to a 30 year old married dude.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What sucks is I hate drinking and going to bars. I like seeing music though.

The sports thing is a good idea, but I'm not too into sports either. I also just got in that bike accident and haven't been able to even wear a pair of shoes in over a month.

Sorry. I just suck.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

yeah i dunno. i moved here 5 years ago and made a couple friends since (one from this mb). (braintree will tell you) i just don't make the effort.

to be honest when you live with a partner its kinda hard to motivate to see other people as there is aalways someone who wants to hang out. but yeah she doesnt always want to do the same things as me so i need a bro too

join a tennis club. because you cant play on your own

i made my friends here through tennis. it's a good way to meet women too for those of you that are single. just go to something organized in your interest. take a writing class if you like writing. join a roller derby team. frequent the adult arcades if jacking off is your thing. there are lots of good people that are really into jacking off.

do seedy jacking off cinemas like in the films actually exist? there's nothing i can imagine quite as pathetic or depressing as going to a big almost empty cinema with 8 other balding middle age men donning beige suits or fading leather jackets to watch ass invaders 2. i dont masturbate anyway, im too sophisticated for that sort of nonsense.

do seedy jacking off cinemas like in the films actually exist? there's nothing i can imagine quite as pathetic or depressing as going to a big almost empty cinema with 8 other balding middle age men donning beige suits or fading leather jackets to watch ass invaders 2. i dont masturbate anyway, im too sophisticated for that sort of nonsense.

i guess they still do but they were more prevalent in the 70s. the kind of people who go there probably don't give a shit what you think is pathetic.

i guess they still do but they were more prevalent in the 70s. the kind of people who go there probably don't give a shit what you think is pathetic.

im pretty sure no-one does anyway so adding 70's perverts to that list is ok by me.

They exist alright. There's a huge one in downtown SF near a prime tourist spot.

yeah i dunno. i moved here 5 years ago and made a couple friends since (one from this mb). (braintree will tell you) i just don't make the effort.

to be honest when you live with a partner its kinda hard to motivate to see other people as there is aalways someone who wants to hang out. but yeah she doesnt always want to do the same things as me so i need a bro too

join a tennis club. because you cant play on your own

I gave up, y0!

Play drums, bass or guitar and get involved with local music by going to jams and stuff.

That I do. I've been lurking regularly on craigslist. It's sometimes hard to find a good fit. Hopefully I can get a new band going.

My problem is that I'm not sure if I really like any of my current friends anymore. They seem to let me down on cue. I'm pretty disconnected from them these days. I'm 24 and out of college. I need to find a quality job across the country and move. The fresh start would be a pleasant shock to the system and I'm all for it.

I think I make friends because I drink a lot. I'm drinking right now, actually. And about to go to the bar.

Fuck, it's Monday :facepalm:

Does the wife have any friends with :sup: boyfriends/husbands?

a few. I'm not sure how that will work, but a great suggestion!

My problem is that I'm not sure if I really like any of my current friends anymore. They seem to let me down on cue. I'm pretty disconnected from them these days. I'm 24 and out of college. I need to find a quality job across the country and move. The fresh start would be a pleasant shock to the system and I'm all for it.

Dude, you'll be fine. I felt that way all though my 20s. In my late 20s I made some really great friends.

Archived