IGNORED

Unobvious Things That Delight You

Guest hahathhat

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching the Philips logo on my DVD player bounce around on the screen when its on standby

do you like it when it bounces into a corner?

Thats my favorite part, its pretty rare on my dvd player tho. I also imagine little pong sounds every-time it hits the edge and bounces off

Watching the Philips logo on my DVD player bounce around on the screen when its on standby

do you like it when it bounces into a corner?

Thats my favorite part, its pretty rare on my dvd player tho. I also imagine little pong sounds every-time it hits the edge and bounces off

lol there must be something behind that phillips logo, i also stare at it and try to notice the parts where it bounces around the corners, mind blowing...

when i was a kid i always used to go to the window to watch the garbage men unload the garbage cans into the truck... with the passage of time these trucks considerably evolute and now they have water spirts and whatnot...

Weighing myself on a digital scale, taking a shit, and then weighing myself again and seeing that I lost weight.

Haha, my girlfriend bought a scale so I've started doing this in the last month, it's definitely amusing.

IDK if this counts as unobvious or not... Today my girlfreind and I went to the Science Museum of MN, at one point in the day there was a demonstration on cryogenics involving lots of liquid nitrogen. Near the end of the demo he took out an iron bolt and a fitting, unfrozen the bolt did not fit into the casing but when dipped in liquid nitrogen it shrunk enough to fit in the hole. As he explained why this happened, a bunch of the kids watching exclaimed "whoa!" with a genuine look of amazement. I couldn't help but laugh a little. It's always amusing to me when you see a younger kid legitimately have his mind blown.

• 3 weeks later...

There are these candy sticks at work that are wrapped in paper. Kind of like round redskins

when I occasionally have to count a bunch of them they make this delightful "clack" sound when I throw one into the pile.

I don't know why but I can't get enough of that clack

Due to the orientation of chairs and couches in this apartment and the fact that one of the cats in particular has a habit of sitting in my computer chair (that isn't even at a computer), when my now ex girlfriend would tell me something funny I would completely lose my shit because I can see her face, but right next to it in my vision and a metre or so behind is a cat giving me the blankest look in the world.

• 3 years later...

Archived