IGNORED

[WARPbot] Warp: Warp stock destroyed in fire at PIAS/SONY London warehouse

Joyrex

All of Warp's UK stock appears to have been lost in the fire. The Sony DADC warehouse also acted as our international distribution hub and so this has affected our ability to supply our overseas partners.

More on Warp.net

Warp / Warp stock destroyed in fire at PIAS/SONY London warehouse

Warp - Records - Warp - Warp stock destroyed in fire at PIAS/SONY London warehouse
Connect with Warp, subscribe to the Mailing List and explore more RSS feeds here

View the full article

Well FUCK.

So even the old and rare stuff was stored there? That's just outrageous ... the thought of just one Surfing On Sine Waves LP being destroyed is upsetting. That's probably even good news for some people planning to sell their records as prices are likely to go up quite a bit ... but what a fucking mess. I hope those rioters enjoy their fucking David Guetta in the future.

And I'M the one getting warned for trolling :cisfor:

But I believe Scintilli is still being pressed so it wasn't stored there. The way I read it, I understand they now need to find a new place to keep the copies before they ship out to the individual stores.

Muhahahahaaaa

I laugh at physical releases. They only take up useless space anyways. Go to the past century you scruffy vinyl-lovers!

yes yes ima heartless bastard.

condolences to the people in the label-business

Muhahahahaaaa

I laugh at physical releases. They only take up useless space anyways. Go to the past century you scruffy vinyl-lovers!

*yaaaaawwwwwwn*, *scratch*, *stretch*, *flick*...

next........

Muhahahahaaaa

*yaaaaawwwwwwn*, *scratch*, *stretch*, *flick*...

next........

A:

*pushes next*

B:

*walks to record player. lift arm and put it aside. grabs record at the edge....etc*

Ninja Tune was destroyed too. This is real bad news for these labels, financially.

yeah, loads of labels! it's fucking bad news.

pfft @ Del, what a complete Douche. i hope your computer gets a fucker of a virus and you lose all your precious digital files!

i'm sure old stuff can be pressed again

The biggest challenge for us is replacing Warp's extensive back catalogue spanning the last 21 years. We will replace as much of this as we can by creating new stock and replenishing where possible with stock from outside the UK. Unfortunately some releases may never be available physically again.

:sad:

As many of you may know, a large amount of Warp’s stock was sadly destroyed in the burning of the Sony DADC / PIAS warehouse earlierthis week, alongside the stock of many other great independent labels.We would like to thank everyone who has got in touch to offer theirsympathy and kind words.We just want to clarify a few things; the Bleep stock-room is separate from theSony DADC warehouse. Everything that is in-stock on the store is readyto ship and as usual we aim to dispatch all orders within one workingday. All Warp pre-orders will still be fulfilled, we aretrading as usual.Please continue supporting PIAS, your independent labels and stores intheir efforts to get the independent music community back up and running as quickly as they can.

Another thing to note on re-pressing old stuff: in some cases, the master plates are no longer available, as is the artwork (a lot of this stuff was done with traditional graphic design methods, and not just computer files), so some stuff may indeed be lost forever, or might be financially impractical to reproduce again.

So am I helping Warp when I buy a physical copy of one of their releases now or would they rather have people buy just downloads for a while as they don't cause any supply-trouble?

I don't like the thought of spending money for just a download though.

"Just" a download? It's fireproof and doesn't lose it's quality over the years. It saves space. Weighs nothing. Can be copied infinitely without loss of quality.

"Just" a download?

*awaits Sirch's douche comment*

You are aware there is a way of turning a physical copy into a digital one?

Yes, I am.

Are you fond of the process of creating digital copies by any chance?

Archived