IGNORED

chatmm

MAXIMUS MISCHIEF

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

btw I never saw any link trading in chattm, just discussing music and bullshitting... Joyrex, this is bullshit man. Bring back CHATMM

also i would argue that there is more disrespect and rudeness in the forums than there is in chatmm

i usually don't get along with max, most people know that.

but he is right on the money here. don't know what it was about chatmm that made people be more civil towards each other, but it's true - chatmm was more respectful and civil than WATMM forums

i 2nd this

A method of communication shouldn't make your more civil... that should be there regardless if you're chatting, or writing a letter on the back of a moldy cibatta loaf with a wood etching tool and taking the crumbs to be later used as an exfoliant in your cucumber-hummus facial pack.

this has got to be the most naive thing you have ever said, Joyrex.

you should know more than anyone that a method of communication, for some people, completely changes how they communicate with other people. the internet is awash with people who use it as some alter-ego for spewing bile towards others.

hmmm, i'd say you're both talking from experience, but Joyrex is right. and it's not naive at all. he's obviously aware that people can be cunts online. but just because you can be it doesn't mean you should be, all of the time. ;)

btw I never saw any link trading in chattm, just discussing music and bullshitting... Joyrex, this is bullshit man. Bring back CHATMM

also i would argue that there is more disrespect and rudeness in the forums than there is in chatmm

i usually don't get along with max, most people know that.

but he is right on the money here. don't know what it was about chatmm that made people be more civil towards each other, but it's true - chatmm was more respectful and civil than WATMM forums

i 2nd this

A method of communication shouldn't make your more civil... that should be there regardless if you're chatting, or writing a letter on the back of a moldy cibatta loaf with a wood etching tool and taking the crumbs to be later used as an exfoliant in your cucumber-hummus facial pack.

this has got to be the most naive thing you have ever said, Joyrex.

you should know more than anyone that a method of communication, for some people, completely changes how they communicate with other people. the internet is awash with people who use it as some alter-ego for spewing bile towards others.

hmmm, i'd say you're both talking from experience, but Joyrex is right. and it's not naive at all. he's obviously aware that people can be cunts online. but just because you can be it doesn't mean you should be, all of the time. ;)

welcome to human nature?

That sounds more like an excuse than an explanation, and probably why we even have to discuss why people have to be like that towards each other in the first place.

joyrex - you still haven't explained why it's gone. we've already solved the mysteries of the money and the illegal activity problems. :shrug:

[edit] why it should still be gone, should I say.

Hmmm.... I thought I made it quite clear WHY CHATMM is gone:

• Illegal file links being freely passed back and forth
  • Very small percentage of the Community uses it (I'm not running a chat so the same small group of regulars have a meeting place to whittle their days away)
  • Constant complaints about it's speed, lack of features, and general instability

Fair enought chatmm is gone. But why are the fucking blogs staying? Who the fuck uses those?

Well, obviously not you. I considered getting rid of those as well, but I see the blogs as potentially more useful and relevant as a music maker here might use their blog to promote their work to the Community, or have a more centralized platform to discuss their music or what's on their mind rather than simply posting or creating a thread.

Remember, this is a site about electronic music, and those who make it as well - you do remember that, right?

tut, watmm is all about whittling your days away. sick of this forum...chatmm whittled my lonely days away slightly more effectively, with it's instant, occasionally not smart-arsed replies. urrrrghtghfphhh balls to it

It where I found out about colour codes, JR is probably into red with a splash of brown.

JR knows what this means because he's read the logs.

I'm all about the gingham

It where I found out about colour codes, JR is probably into red with a splash of brown.

oh yeah...valuable, valuable information. sand being was most intriguing...to me anyway

haha yeah.. good times eh?

I was well up for tan.

it was funny...had to look that up again but yeah who wouldn't want to look cool whilst being penetrated? obviously sand stuck in my mind because of the mental images.

joyrex - you still haven't explained why it's gone. we've already solved the mysteries of the money and the illegal activity problems. :shrug:

• Very small percentage of the Community uses it (I'm not running a chat so the same small group of regulars have a meeting place to whittle their days away)
  • Constant complaints about it's speed, lack of features, and general instability

Honestly I don't see how not many people using it can be a reason to get rid of it. How many people are using football subforum? Even less. Maybe there were only about 50 people using it, but it has been used quite constantly and people that were using it could even pay for it.

There are much more complaints about the new watmm layout then about chatmm's speed, lack of features, and general instability afaik.

And since you can read the chatmm logs could't you just warn/ban people that are sharing illegal links?

Something is wrong here.

Guest Enter a new display name

I agree with Adam Beker. Joyrex's decision reminds me of american politics.

You know what, Joyrex? I'll just leave a suitcase filled with money on your porch when you come back from work tonight. And you won't even remember you thought about getting rid of CHATMM. Understood?

**puts suspicious sunglasses on**

i can understand Joyrex getting rid of it for the compaints about speed, reliability etc.

i think that's a completely valid reason to get rid of it. although i would've put up a notice explaining what the situation is with Chrome and AdBlock making the chat not scroll up. other than that, it was working fine. but we all know that people generally ignore notices like that anyway.

maybe he just got sick and tired of the complaints and got rid of it. it's his forum, it's up to him.

You assume too much - like for instance that I pay attention to the inane conversations that were conducted in CHATMM.

Honestly I don't see how not many people using it can be a reason to get rid of it. How many people are using football subforum? Even less. Maybe there were only about 50 people using it, but it has been used quite constantly and people that were using it could even pay for it.

There are much more complaints about the new watmm layout then about chatmm's speed, lack of features, and general instability afaik.

And since you can read the chatmm logs could't you just warn/ban people that are sharing illegal links?

Something is wrong here.

The complaints about the new forum upgrade will pass in time... like they always do. Then, people will complain how wonderful this version was when the new version comes out. People generally don't like change.

i can understand Joyrex getting rid of it for the compaints about speed, reliability etc.

i think that's a completely valid reason to get rid of it. although i would've put up a notice explaining what the situation is with Chrome and AdBlock making the chat not scroll up. other than that, it was working fine. but we all know that people generally ignore notices like that anyway.

maybe he just got sick and tired of the complaints and got rid of it. it's his forum, it's up to him.

I hate saying stuff like that as I do try and be as fair as possible, but since it's been said...

The complaints about the new forum upgrade will pass in time... like they always do. Then, people will complain how wonderful this version was when the new version comes out. People generally don't like change

Do you not notice what is currently being complained about more than the upgrade or (when chatmm was up) chatmms slowness?

Thats fantastic chaos, but if Chatmms old chatroom will be paid for, I have to argue what difference is it to the mods/admin? If its linked on the site and its something every user can use, then why can't we just have the good ole regular chatmm back with all our favorite watmm emoticons.

edlt: not to mention, standardized user names, so people don't fuck around pretending to be someone else or who knows what insanity could occur , but maybe I don't understand how this google chrome chat thing works

Archived