IGNORED

chatmm

MAXIMUS MISCHIEF

Thats fantastic chaos, but if Chatmms old chatroom will be paid for, I have to argue what difference is it to the mods/admin? If its linked on the site and its something every user can use, then why can't we just have the good ole regular chatmm back with all our favorite watmm emoticons.

edlt: not to mention, standardized user names, so people don't fuck around pretending to be someone else or who knows what insanity could occur , but maybe I don't understand how this google chrome chat thing works

quit

it

now,

eh............?????????

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

one day you will fall to my power and all of watmm will release the great sigh that casts peace and idm all over our souls

yes you're right. one day. one day...

til then, keep smokin that weed! lol

The complaints about the new forum upgrade will pass in time... like they always do. Then, people will complain how wonderful this version was when the new version comes out. People generally don't like change

Do you not notice what is currently being complained about more than the upgrade or (when chatmm was up) chatmms slowness?

Exacly. Of course complaints about this will pass in time too. Or it will pass even faster if you'll lock this thread but that's just not right. You gave three reasons but none of them actually make sense. Why don't you just turn chatmm on, tell people to not complain or you'll turn it off and make someone a chatmm mod so he would warn people when they share illegal links?

or, just write up some rules that everyone has to acknowledge before entering chat... like, anyone illegally sharing = permaban

etc. etc.

also, you'd have to have a few mods, if you were gonna have mods, cos nobody's is gonna sit in chat 24/7 keeping an eye on everybody...

also, you'd have to have a few mods, if you were gonna have mods, cos nobody's is gonna sit in chat 24/7 keeping an eye on everybody...

lol, true dat...

this is reasonable joyrex...

1) you won't lose one penny

2) you won't be responsible for keeping an eye on chatmms activity

its like it doesn't even exist

The complaints about the new forum upgrade will pass in time... like they always do. Then, people will complain how wonderful this version was when the new version comes out. People generally don't like change

Do you not notice what is currently being complained about more than the upgrade or (when chatmm was up) chatmms slowness?

Exacly. Of course complaints about this will pass in time too. Or it will pass even faster if you'll lock this thread but that's just not right. You gave three reasons but none of them actually make sense. Why don't you just turn chatmm on, tell people to not complain or you'll turn it off and make someone a chatmm mod so he would warn people when they share illegal links?

The current Moderators have Moderation powers in CHATMM, but as mentioned, there would need to be someone 'monitoring' CHATMM all the time, especially with the instant nature of a chatroom. And I honestly don' t have the time searching the chat logs for illegal links or behaviour that is contrary to the rules of the site/chat room.

or, just write up some rules that everyone has to acknowledge before entering chat... like, anyone illegally sharing = permaban

etc. etc.

CHATMM had rules - you had to agree to them before entering. People complained about that, too...

It's not coming back - and what one person feels doesn't "make any sense" has no bearing on what I think makes sense.

etc. etc.

no, there are logs.

The current Moderators have Moderation powers in CHATMM, but as mentioned, there would need to be someone 'monitoring' CHATMM all the time, especially with the instant nature of a chatroom. And I honestly don' t have the time searching the chat logs for illegal links or behaviour that is contrary to the rules of the site/chat room.

The mod could do this.

etc. etc.

no, there are logs.

See my mention about logs.

I will say this about chatmm... I met some good people that I normally didn't come across on the forums. Made some good contacts within. but towards its demise, I hardly went in. when I did, I didn't connect with the current conversations, so I'd leave without saying anything.

Do I miss it? No!

Joyrex stated his reasoning for it ceasing to be. They are legitimate reasons.

Now I will sit back and continue staring wistfully at this thread!

fuck off sirch

etc. etc.

no, there are logs.

See my mention about logs.

Couldn't a mod read the logs?

etc. etc.

CHATMM had rules - you had to agree to them before entering. People complained about that, too...

It's not coming back - and what one person feels doesn't "make any sense" has no bearing on what I think makes sense.

FUCKING WOW

you are a cold heartless bastard if thats how you approach making decisions. you don't listen to any of us, and you are rude to the community you say you support

you don't even expand on why you think what you think makes sense and don't challenge logical repeated criticism like this:

seriously... the logic behind this decision makes zero sense. Let's go over this together, so it can be clear how irrational this decision is.

List of reasons why chatmm is gone

1) Costs

2) Moderation

3) Illegal File Sharing

List of solutions

1) Acidphakist will kindly pick up the check / other members I am sure will chip in.

2) Self Moderation aka sending PM's to mods, screen capping inappropriate behavior, avoid chatmm if you find it to be too "adult" / "mature".

3) Just like with drugs, people will use them if they want to. Killing chatmm will not prevent people from downloading illegally.

*awaits response*

goodbye

I will miss talking to the lovely people that were my chatmmies, but once Papa has made a decision that is it.

:cry:

My only regret is I never got linked to an illegal file!

PS. Now that chatmm is gone does that mean that all the manpower used to run it will be put to bringing back the website that was once attached to this forum? :emotawesomepm9:

I can't really commit to being sociable enough even for chatrooms anymore but it's kinda sad that chatting with some good watmm peoples in a real time/more realistic environment isn't going to be accessible for anyone anymore.

etc. etc.

FUCKING WOW

you are a cold heartless bastard if thats how you approach making decisions. you don't listen to any of us, and you are rude to the community you say you support

you don't even expand on why you think what you think makes sense and don't challenge logical repeated criticism like this:

seriously... the logic behind this decision makes zero sense. Let's go over this together, so it can be clear how irrational this decision is.

List of reasons why chatmm is gone

1) Costs

2) Moderation

3) Illegal File Sharing

List of solutions

1) Acidphakist will kindly pick up the check / other members I am sure will chip in.

2) Self Moderation aka sending PM's to mods, screen capping inappropriate behavior, avoid chatmm if you find it to be too "adult" / "mature".

3) Just like with drugs, people will use them if they want to. Killing chatmm will not prevent people from downloading illegally.

*awaits response*

goodbye

Good lord you're taking this way too seriously... do you come to WATMM for CHATMM, or for the electronic music discussion on the forums?

I'll entertain your "solutions" with why they are irrelevant/not practical:

1) As mentioned, very nice of Acidphakist to offer to pay for the chat - however, what happens a year from now when he decides to move on from WATMM (hey, it could happen), and I pull the plug again on CHATMM because nobody wants to pony up *looks at current donations to the site as an example*?

2) See the whole "Rhombix incident" (sounds like the title of a sci-fi movie BoC would screencapture for their next album cover) - it's a real pain in the rear having to deal with he said/she said situations and really no way to verify/police without a lot of hassle.

3) You really, really missed the point on this one - I could care less what you download and not pay for - you will not, however, make me liable in any way by me providing the vehicle for facilitating your illegal activities (e.g., you can kill, but I'm not loaning you my gun to do so).

There - I answered your questions, hopefully your butt aches a bit less now. If having a chat feature is really that important, then I suggest finding another site that has such a feature. I hear Xltronic has a state of the art chat feature... :emotawesomepm9:

I will miss talking to the lovely people that were my chatmmies, but once Papa has made a decision that is it.

:cry:

My only regret is I never got linked to an illegal file!

PS. Now that chatmm is gone does that mean that all the manpower used to run it will be put to bringing back the website that was once attached to this forum? :emotawesomepm9:

Yes, my army of trolls is perfecting the pixels at double their previous rate - with the increased progress, we should have that top bar changed to some other colour than black so hathathat and sup can stop rocking in fetal positions in front of their computers by the end of the decade.

Will there be all the latest and greatest news from all the music I love to listen to? I hope so!

Seriously though... really trying to get back on track, so hopefully yes, soon!

Archived