IGNORED

New direction for me

ryancolecreate

So I made this new track. Title is inspired by a Richard Dawkins book.

It's quite a new direction for me and not really something I could genre-fy easily. I might continue this path for a little while.

In the track:

MS2000 > weird wharbly synth

casio CZ101 > cheesy flute patch

lap steel guitar

homemade analog synth built into a seseme street saxophone

An interesting mix I think.

What do you guys think about the change up? The sounds? The vibe? Is it too predictable? Boring?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/731647/consestor1.1.mp3

i like this but yes, i think it's a little predictable in that the main melody and key doesn't change enough in the first half, i liked the change-up, thought it gave it a nice new direction - more of this would be good imo. all the sounds and production seem fine to me! :music:

It's interesting, and I like the concept and a lot of the elements, but if I may make some small criticisms...

It's too minimal in the beginning for my tastes, and I think that you could solve it by either making the beats more complex, adding in some pads or something, or as BCM said, changing up the main melody etc.

Also, personally, I would lose the guitar. It reminds me a lot of the guitar in the Law & Order theme, and it really puts me off.

haha @ law and order. Point taken. I might crank it through some more effects to make it less intelligible. I don't mind it stylistically but I see what you mean.

Ya I agree with some more variation. i am going for a bit of a minimal sound, but I think some variation would help to not make it so repetitive.

which book?

didn't find it too minimal in the beginning, but it gets a little boring in the end (at about 3/4 - or is it me), it just needs slight variations imo, the groove, the bleepy synths and the background glitches & zaps are great. didn't like the lap steel either though. and please do continue this path :) i like the vibe a lot!

Reminds me of mouse on mars. I like the production and the sound, but it's too open in the beginning, all the stuff that's going on is too subtle for my taste. I wasn't bothered by the guitar, but the change of pace that came with it only lasted for a bit. All in all nice listen.

thanks guys for the good criticism! Ya I agree it's MoMy a bit (which is fine with me). I think that the direction is still not completely explored. I'll play with some other sounds and combinations. I have a couple of other homemade analog synths that I might be able to farm for some interesting sounds. These things are crazy. i should post some pics sometime.

This track was actually meant more as a sketch that grew into track length. I think some rearranging and more exploration is in order. :)

Thanks! Great crit from YLC!

which book?

Ancestor's tale. I actually forgot to post the title in the OP lol. It's Concestor 0. Homo ergaster if you will. The book would make a great conceptual framework for an album. :)

http://video.google....449289114305786

i've got that book, it's fantastic

thanks guys for the good criticism! Ya I agree it's MoMy a bit (which is fine with me). I think that the direction is still not completely explored. I'll play with some other sounds and combinations. I have a couple of other homemade analog synths that I might be able to farm for some interesting sounds. These things are crazy. i should post some pics sometime.

This track was actually meant more as a sketch that grew into track length. I think some rearranging and more exploration is in order. :)

Thanks! Great crit from YLC!

cheers! keep us posted ;)

If you use the phrase "new direction" properly you can hypnotise women into having sex with you. In their simple brains it sounds like "nude erection".

Also try telling them to not be "so HARD ON themselves..."

If that fails you can thraten them with a knife and drag them into a bush.

Good Luck

ps. nice litl song

haha maybe you are just subconsciously responding to the tags I set for this thread LUDD?

i love analog breasts too, especially with penetration!

Archived