IGNORED

The Tags Are Working! (board update apparently fixed them)

Joyrex

Updated the forum software yesterday, and apparently among the other bugfixes, they finally fixed the tags (clicking on a tag now provides search results, whereas before it would return nothing).

This also raises the question of whether we should have a pre-set tag system (only choose from tags we provide) or allow each person to tag their posts as they see fit (assuming nobody else spam tags like sup did :dry: .

This also raises the question of whether we should have a pre-set tag system (only choose from tags we provide) or allow each person to tag their posts as they see fit (assuming nobody else spam tags like sup did :dry: .

Fixed tag sets wouldn't work for new & upcoming releases. Or we need subtitles back to put in release dates, label, location etc.

I also fail to see the use of tags. Even with the tags, the forum search remains broken.

it would be useful in a few years for new members who want to trawl back over subjects they are interested in.

but if watmm isnt going to be here in 2012 its a teensy bit pointless

To prevent tag spamming it should probably just be against the rules to use unrelated tags, shouldn't it?

The year is 2011. Ruthless gangs of cyberhackers are polluting the global namespace with Unrelated Tags. Only one man can stop them: G.A.N.U.S.

bWawJ.jpg

lol, I'm not bothered by it, but if Joyrex thinks tag spamming is an issue, then it would be better to make it a rule not to spam them, rather than just make the tagging system useless by making you use presets

thanks joyrex btw how did you make your thread say infront of it "TAGS" ??

There's a checkbox on the New Post screen for that...

Fixed tag sets wouldn't work for new & upcoming releases. Or we need subtitles back to put in release dates, label, location etc.

I also fail to see the use of tags. Even with the tags, the forum search remains broken.

Broken in what way? I can seem to find things just fine with it, and even easier now that all I have to do is click on a tag instead of typing.

Updated the forum software yesterday, and apparently among the other bugfixes, they finally fixed the tags (clicking on a tag now provides search results, whereas before it would return nothing).

wargames-hacker.jpg

Archived