IGNORED

Diablo 3

gaarg

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^Aren't D3 characters gonna be stored on Blizzard's servers instead of users' computers, meaning we have to be constantly online to play a single player game?

Well obviously, but cracking helps these things, doesn't it?

Not that I'm not buying Diablo 3 anyways lol, can't wait till it comes out, I just want to try it out as soon as possible.

http://www.co-optimu...mpressions.html

vidjos with gameplay

looks pretty d2-ish. also:

We'd be remiss if we didn't chat about the controversial "always on DRM" the game contains. You'll always need to have an internet connection on to play the game. 99% of the time, this isn't an issue - but there were times that network hiccups seemed to cause a disconnect. When this happens there's no warning you'll just be dropped to the main menu with an error message that Diablo 3 couldn't contact the server. You'll be restarted from your previous checkpoint in the game - so there is a possiblity that you'll lose progress. Hopefully Blizzard can tweak this somehow, because there were a few times this occured and I lose some loot I had wished I didn't lose.

i hatehatehatehate that sc2 needs internet connection to play. fuck. that.

Guest underscore

a cracked version of D3 would be useless, you will always need a bnet account with D3 (beta or retail or whatever) enabled in order to play.

having to be always online for d3 doesn't bug me, I only ever played D2 online anyways.

biggest fail of d3 so far is limiting games to 4 people. i have a lot of friends that are going to be playing and to me it is a major downgrade from D2 (where you could have 8 people in a game.)

edit: well, there is a cracked version around where you can run around some area and not use any spells or anything. i don't think you'll see a playable version of the game being cracked any time soon

One thing that really annoys me with D3 is its cartoonines. All those flashy effects and all for every goddamn move and spell. Kinda hard to take anything seriously if everything wants to be top shit stuff.

• 2 months later...

Haven't the release date be told already ? A friend of mine told me yesterday that it was in the second part of February (22 maybe ?) but I didn't check

Guest abusivegeorge

I'll be pre-ordering this for definite. Been playing a lot of Lineage 2 and League of Legends lately also. Skyrim on it's way to me in the post. Happy gaming.

God I want to play this SO bad, I just hope my laptop can run it... Terrorizing the Blizz servers was one of my favorite things to do during much of my teen years.

My roomate and i tried to load up d2 tonight but we coudlnt find anyone else playing at all which kinda made making a new character usless...how do you lvl up without trist and baal runs.....was this a temporary issue or is no one playing anymore(no one playing anymore is EXTREMELY hard to belive)

My roomate and i tried to load up d2 tonight but we coudlnt find anyone else playing at all which kinda made making a new character usless...how do you lvl up without trist and baal runs.....was this a temporary issue or is no one playing anymore(no one playing anymore is EXTREMELY hard to belive)

nah it's kinda true, there's like no one on the servers anymore at least on the realms... open still has a bunch of people playing edited chars and such, at least thats what I found from the last time I tried going online... I started playing again a few months ago and ended up just running through the game legit solo.

I hope that one of the cracks that comes out can make it strictly offline. I had my best times in d2 on a computer in my room with no internet, doing LAN shit when I wanted to do multiplayer. the online shit was always just a pain in the ass. If there is a crack that does it, I will specifically get that and not pay for the game, even though I would pay for the game otherwise, because I am so against that kind of DRM bullshit that I boycott any game that uses it.

Archived