IGNORED

Diablo 3

gaarg

Well if you die on hardcore your char is dead forever. Thats more extreme then Dark Souls.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cult fiction

i just got one question, now how the fuck can my witchdoctor swing his melee weapons?? been playing for 2 days and haven't found this out! Don't tell me he is supposed to walk around with a weapon in his hands the whole game without having to use it

Your spell damage scales with the weapon you're holding, that's what your melee weapon is for.

I can't believe the 'real' game starts at Nightmare. It took like 3-4 hours to slog through Act 1 without ever really being in danger, do I really have to spend 16 hours before the fun starts?

Guest cult fiction

Well if you die on hardcore your char is dead forever. Thats more extreme then Dark Souls.

Dark Souls is about learning from your mistakes, in a very difficult and skill-based environment from the get go. You don't spend x hours doing really easy stuff and accidentally die and start over.

Fuck Hardcore mode!! :biggrin:

I have lost way too many Diablo 2 characters to lag-induced deaths!

too true... too true... :trashbear:

I saw people who were max level the day after release, that's pretty ridiculous, nomatter how fast you can grind.

For those of you who have beaten it already (without giving too away too much information plot-wise) what have you been doing? Just grinding Inferno for Uniques? I really hope Blizzard will release a patch in a few months with Diablo 2 style runes, I feel the game would get so boring without a constant search for a Ber or Jah

whoops sorry for that double post, wasn't letting me edit my original one

i just got one question, now how the fuck can my witchdoctor swing his melee weapons?? been playing for 2 days and haven't found this out! Don't tell me he is supposed to walk around with a weapon in his hands the whole game without having to use it

Your spell damage scales with the weapon you're holding, that's what your melee weapon is for.

so i'm finding thousands of weapons with all sorts of spells soaked in them and its just for damage scale? that is just so lame wtf, he walks the whole game with a weapon in his hands that he never uses flol

Dark Souls is about learning from your mistakes, in a very difficult and skill-based environment from the get go. You don't spend x hours doing really easy stuff and accidentally die and start over.

I was referring to the death penalties, not overall difficulty. A lot of people complain how unfair it is to lose 100k souls, but at least you can re-earn them.

For those of you who have beaten it already (without giving too away too much information plot-wise) what have you been doing? Just grinding Inferno for Uniques? I really hope Blizzard will release a patch in a few months with Diablo 2 style runes, I feel the game would get so boring without a constant search for a Ber or Jah

Buying and trying dyes, realizing how ugly they are.

Right now I'm just sitting in Act 1 of nightmare, redoing it here and there for items with randoms. I'm spending a lot of time trying out skill combinations, and a good bulk in dealing with items. Now that I have some gold laying around I don't mind buying new items, selling rares, upgrading jewelcrafting/buying jewels.

so i'm finding thousands of weapons with all sorts of spells soaked in them and its just for damage scale? that is just so lame wtf, he walks the whole game with a weapon in his hands that he never uses flol

But Ivan... flaming skulls man, :diablo: ... but yeah idk I figured the witch doctor can't do melee, he's more of a caster/summoner I guess. But those skills are pretty wicked. The daggers are more like ceremonial daggers which wouldn't really be much good for combat anyway.

very weird indeed, feels like i'm playing an old school shoot m up sometimes

but i'm loving my character's powers, i just got exploding toads raping whole gangs of demons, sweet

act 4 in normal was really fun. and act 1 was much more fun in nightmare.

i'm playing a demon hunter and i feel really weak for it. all of my friends buy gear from the AH but i've been wasting all my gold on leveling blacksmithing (which seems like a waste, but i'm already invested, so...)

Man....playing as a Monk is fucking awesome.

My build so far is :

Left mouse: Crippling Wave ( I find this great for mobs. I get a lot of mighty blows off of this).

Right click: Dash

1: Breath of Heaven

2: Cyclone

3: Blinding Light

4: Wave of Light

This gets modified for boss fights, where I use

Left mouse: Way of a Thousand Fists (I find this better for Spirit generation when fighting bosses. It doesn't generate as much as the others on first glance, but the amount of punches you get in sky rockets your spirit).

Right click: Dash (on normal, I was able to root bosses with this. I expect that to change in Nightmare + though).

1: Breath of Heaven

2: Serenity

3: Inner Sanctuary (as long as my co op partners are paying attention, this can be a life saver for them more so than me).

4: Seven Sided Strike

I can't recall the runes i am using just yet. Also when i learned about how to manipulate your quick slots, I dropped the mantra i was using. I wasn't finding it very beneficial on normal, as I was just tanking everything with Serenity and taking little to no damage (this includes Diablo himself. He even picked me up w/ his "finishing move" while I had Serenity enabled and it didn't do anything). I am assuming the mantras will come in handy in more during Nightmare and beyond.

Really enjoying this game right now.

Tip: Turn on advanced tool tip in the options. It gives you way more detailed info about all of your skills, and insight on how you should be combining them, and how they interact with items (such as weapon damage, etc).

Guest cult fiction

i'm playing a demon hunter and i feel really weak for it. all of my friends buy gear from the AH but i've been wasting all my gold on leveling blacksmithing (which seems like a waste, but i'm already invested, so...)

Give up on blacksmithing, I wasted a ton of gold on it too, but it's totally not worth it. The AH economy is crazy - the magic/rare drop rates are so unbelievably high that there is just tons of stuff for cheap.

I have switched my strategy a bit and I'm having more fun now. I converted my witch doctor into a total glass cannon - sacrificing armor for more intelligence/dps at every chance. I decimate everything, and am rolling through the mobs very quickly now with at least some danger now.

I feel like the levels are way too big - especially in Act 2. Traversing those giant fields with loads of monsters looking for the 2nd stupid cave you have to find is just annoying. They should have tripled the difficulty of the monsters, halved their appearance rate, and halved or quartered the size of each zone.

Tip: Turn on advanced tool tip in the options. It gives you way more detailed info about all of your skills, and insight on how you should be combining them, and how they interact with items (such as weapon damage, etc).

This is a great tip - hadn't seen this.

finished the game on normal without dying once in 20 hours 21 mins, dinged lvl 33 when killing diablo.

bit disappointed that i didn't get an achievement for not dying, sure it was on normal, but you get an achievement the first time you add a gem to random item.

i still feel way overpowered though because of the AH, i don't think i've actually equipped a single looted item since somewhere in act 2, everything's rare/legendary stuff i bought in the AH.

Guest Sprigg

i still feel way overpowered though because of the AH, i don't think i've actually equipped a single looted item since somewhere in act 2, everything's rare/legendary stuff i bought in the AH.

This is why I hate the idea of the auction house.

so i played to the skeleton king quest on nightmare and what i said before about feeling overpowered definitely does not apply anymore.

lol yeah. working on collecting all the pieces right now in Nightmare. I have the black mushroom & the ankle bone. Azmodan dropped the Staff of Herding blacksmith recipe on Normal as well. CAN'T WAIT FOR RAINBOWS AND PONIES!

If you feel that way then why don't you play a real man's game like nethack or DCSS?

Guest Dr. Bunsen Honeydew

This may have already been mentioned, if not; select Elective Mode in the gameplay options for total customization of which abilities you choose and where they are on the action bar. (not limited to one ability per 'tree' but still limited to six abilities overall)

Archived