IGNORED

FSOL & Noel Gallagher

National Park

it'll be interesting, at least he's taking a risk recording with fsol ..and if it means they can afford to do another album of their own then its all cool.

it was the dance style production that made Oasis stand out as before this they just sounded like another wannabe Stone Roses in the after wake of Manchester's indie movement

now FSOL have gone all born again hippy (which I kinda like behind closed doors) with Amorphous Androgynous but with the ole FSOL production skills plus Noel bigging up that compilation CD which gave Cobain a chance to rant a lot of shite at the Mojo's, then I think this is a natural (and also career diving desperate) psychedelic Beatles esque cohesion or for something that will eventually gain more interest from me than another stinking whiiiiiiiiiiiiney Oasis record with his knob of a brother

I liked all the stuff Noel did with the Chemical Bros back in the day and I normally wouldnt dig that kind of shit

I reckon this would be one made to woo the the more farty music rags like Q and Mojo

He's been talking about how they've taken the songs and completely changed them - removed sections, put the end at the start and so on. It's a weird one, the Amorphous albums are all 'produced by the Future Sound of London', this is going to be produced by the Amorphous Androgynous, so I reckon it won't have much in the way of electronic stuff.

I'm sure it'll be interesting, occasionally great, occasionally cringeworthy, like most of the Amorphous stuff. I'm just waiting for Environments 4 really, that's a far more interesting prospect.

it was the dance style production that made Oasis stand out as before this they just sounded like another wannabe Stone Roses in the after wake of Manchester's indie movement

what?

example of dance style production please?

what?

example of dance style production please?

heavy compressed beats, heavy bass, enhanced vocals i.e. shit that sounds loud in clubs which was a little different to the more subtle style of production of manchester indie that came before

believe me Oasis sounded even worse before some clever producer bigged up their sound which was the only thing that made them stand out imho although Primal Scream did this approach first employing the talents of andy weatherall

Stone Roses music is well more dancey than Oasis!! Roses had wicked groovey bass & drum playing where as oasis were always pretty straight foward rock to me.

Oasis Couldnt really be any less dance music where as the earlier wave of manchester stuff -new order, roses, mondays, shit even the smiths! are well more dancey.

now FSOL have gone all born again hippy (which I kinda like behind closed doors) with Amorphous Androgynous but with the ole FSOL production skills plus Noel bigging up that compilation CD which gave Cobain a chance to rant a lot of shite at the Mojo's, then I think this is a natural (and also career diving desperate) psychedelic Beatles esque cohesion or for something that will eventually gain more interest from me than another stinking whiiiiiiiiiiiiney Oasis record with his knob of a brother

I liked all the stuff Noel did with the Chemical Bros back in the day and I normally wouldnt dig that kind of shit

what when where? :S

what are you on about with Cobain? The Gallagher's didn't even make it into the mainstream music scene til much later in 1994, didn't they? with their 'Whatever' single. that was 94 wasn't it? or was it 95. either way, Cobain was already dead by this point, no?

anyway...

I reckon this would be one made to woo the the more farty music rags like Q and Mojo

why would anybody make a record to woo a magazine? :wtf:

what are you on about with Cobain? The Gallagher's didn't even make it into the mainstream music scene til much later in 1994, didn't they? with their 'Whatever' single. that was 94 wasn't it? or was it 95. either way, Cobain was already dead by this point, no?

anyway...

jesus christ

:facepalm:

lol, ah i've just remembered 1 of FSOL has the surname "Cobain".

the above makes sense now.

not a common surname, though, is it...

can you tell i'm not a FSOL fanboy? lol

as you were...

i only like fsol as 'amorphous androgynous' when listening 'tales of ephedrine'. this noel gallagher thingy is not likely to bring that sound back.

regarding fsol proper recent releases in the past three/four years, i've been very impressed, particularly with 'environments 3'. sweet, soothing little sounds

i only like fsol as 'amorphous androgynous' when listening 'tales of ephedrine'. this noel gallagher thingy is not likely to bring that sound back.

regarding fsol proper recent releases in the past three/four years, i've been very impressed, particularly with 'environments 3'. sweet, soothing little sounds

the first comp is out of print and worth a fortune now tho is findable about the net in the usual places (ahem)

the second comp is getting just as rare tho the third comp iz apparently more electronic so i'm actually gonna buy this one on CD mithinx while you can still get it

Stone Roses music is well more dancey than Oasis!! Roses had wicked groovey bass & drum playing where as oasis were always pretty straight foward rock to me.

Oasis Couldnt really be any less dance music where as the earlier wave of manchester stuff -new order, roses, mondays, shit even the smiths! are well more dancey.

totally agree there dude but Oasis had a big sound to thier mix an ole Noel is a very astute game player with the business and media which is why they got massive over here in fact i'll go as far to say knebworth was the death of manchester indie as he totally sold it out

Archived