IGNORED

NEWS FLASH: dates for Bloc.2012

Guest BLOCwknd

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isle of Wight was good when band like The Doors were performing.

Pear Jam?? realy?? fuck off.

My mother wants to go, not to see pearl jam though. Free tickets so I'm happy.

So OK the main bloc venue is pretty cool.

But where does everyone sleep?

If its actually a festival - do punters have to camp in the field outside? Hotels nearby? Confused.

Plus im still a bit concerned thats its only listed as being for 2 days.

So OK the main bloc venue is pretty cool.

But where does everyone sleep?

If its actually a festival - do punters have to camp in the field outside? Hotels nearby? Confused.

Plus im still a bit concerned thats its only listed as being for 2 days.

seems like there is no accommodation (find your own hotel) and sadly it's only for 2 days......

FAIL, total FAIL.

I was really looking forward to even entertaining the notion of something like this, no way in hell could I afford the tickets + accommodation elsewhere in London just for the 2 days.... unless it was frankly the most impressive lineup since sliced bread (which I doubt) then I can't even fancy the expensive notion.

Truly dissapointed....

RIP the BLOC I went to last year, BLOC crew, it was awesome meeting everyone/seeing the music. That just will not be anymore.....

Guest Coalbucket PI

Shit... what a horrendous fuck up. What the fuck are they thinking? I had already virtually written it off because of the info already released but this is vastly worse than I anticipated. Two nights in a fucking warehouse in east london for a hundred quid? Seriously? Nobody who knew their arse from their elbow would put a festival on in the middle of London unless they were only doing it to make money out of cunts

Didn't realise it was so close to the Olympics too, fuck. If the lineup it great I'll give it a whirl and stop off at the parents, but I can't see it happening.

a pretty dire setup, i was optimistic about it but it's not something for me anymore. last year was really fun, and butlins was a great place to hang out. too bad.

Minehead was fantastic. I've been twice now, and both times the people I hung out with were fucking awesome (watmmers and friends of watmmers).

i am seriously going to miss it. really felt like BLOC was a place were a fuck-load of us could all get together and have good times.

a pretty dire setup, i was optimistic about it but it's not something for me anymore. last year was really fun, and butlins was a great place to hang out. too bad.

Minehead was fantastic. I've been twice now, and both times the people I hung out with were fucking awesome (watmmers and friends of watmmers).

i am seriously going to miss it. really felt like BLOC was a place were a fuck-load of us could all get together and have good times.

:cry::cerious: gone now most likely......

I guess all we can hope for is someone else starts a festival to fill the void such changes have left ;)

Bangface have managed to move on to a new venue that looks cool, with static caravan accomodation which is a good compromise I reckon.

Seriously though - fuck that - its in a shithole part of London, accomodation will cost more than the entrance ticket unless you wanna sleep in a squat, and I can see a lot of people just bumbling around London for the day after the 6am kickout.

Presume day tickets will be available?

You can blow as many smoke machines and blow as many fans as you like down a hallway. It's a somewhat looking derelict building. Get over it lol.

I never went last year, though half a dozen mates did and they were all saying how they (and I) would go this year. Doubt it now. Though accomodation wouldn't be an issue as we live Windsor/Maidehead way. See what happens with the line-up......

The lineup is supposed to be immense. Agreed that no accomadation will make it less special, the whole point of a festival is to escape reality for a few days, not to get the train back to your mates to crash on his spare futon at 6 in the morning. That's a snazzy club that's on two nights in a row

The lineup is supposed to be immense. Agreed that no accomadation will make it less special, the whole point of a festival is to escape reality for a few days, not to get the train back to your mates to crash on his spare futon at 6 in the morning. That's a snazzy club that's on two nights in a row

Totally agree.

Just had a quick look at accommodation for a feasibility study.

The Holiday Inn is already sold out (probably cheapest option).

The Ibis (close by) is £166 non-refundable or £184 refundable (so in the event of Bloc getting cancelled / whatever, you cant get your money back if you go for the cheaper option).

Thats 2 nights for a standard twin room.

All the other hotels that I have looked at are dearer than that.

Basically, unless you or someone you know lives in that part of London and you have somewhere to crash, this is a no-no unless you wanna do the whole weekend roughing it.

Well done fletch.

What about YHA? There will be yha's in London, these are usually good standard and cheap. Though the party will end when you walk through the door as they can be very strict about noise and chaos. But it's a cheap, safe bed. If you have enough mates you could hire a whole dorm together.

Just an idea.

Archived