IGNORED

Dark Souls

Joyrex

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Woah, the painting world is pretty generous with souls - I've gone from level 60 - 65 in about an hour

yeah, keep hitting up the Phalanx for some easy lvling up.

Man you're right about that - already reached lv.72 and that was with very little farming. There's so many 'Soul of a ...' on this level, it seems weird to be calling Dark Souls "generous" for a change.

Woah, the painting world is pretty generous with souls - I've gone from level 60 - 65 in about an hour

yeah, keep hitting up the Phalanx for some easy lvling up.

Man you're right about that - already reached lv.72 and that was with very little farming. There's so many 'Soul of a ...' on this level, it seems weird to be calling Dark Souls "generous" for a change.

its cool. you might need it for the upcoming boss fight.

Its hard as hell, but itwas far and away the most rewarding fight I had on Dark Souls......Im probably going to tear my hair out fighting them on NG+.....im basically just investing everything into VIT the second time around.

Hah, some arsehole 'invaded' my game (do they all glow red when they invade or have lots of people got similar weird enchanted armour? ), they aimed some fire spell in my general direction so I ran round their back and stabbed them, repeat and they die with me collecting their 50k souls ! Bolrétard claims her first victory without even really trying ...

Hah, some arsehole 'invaded' my game (do they all glow red when they invade or have lots of people got similar weird enchanted armour? ), they aimed some fire spell in my general direction so I ran round their back and stabbed them, repeat and they die with me collecting their 50k souls ! Bolrétard claims her first victory without even really trying ...

i think they all glow red. i dunno if i'm just leveled up higher than most people in the areas i'm running around in, but i've whooped most of the invaders i've had thus far. i think only two got me, and only one took me without a good fight.

i think maybe i'm winning 'cause they get really scared when invading and the dialogue pops up saying "you are invading cuntdestroyer's world" :tongue:

That was your 1st invasion?!? wow man you've been lucky. Seems like you handled it nicely though.

Nah I've had about a half dozen before (though this is my first in about 10 hours). Before I just would rush and stand close to the save point as I knew I was in for a raping (followed by the twat posing - whilst in real life no doubt having a cry-wank) but this time I was feeling quietly confident having slaughtered my way though Painted World of Ariamis multiple times, so took them on !

Pete the red glow is sort of just a generic invader. But there are different colours depending on the context.

For example if you're in Anor Londo and you commit some sin like killing Gwynevere or something you'll be marked for death by the Darkmoon Blades who will be aware of your presence and invade you with a blue glow. The covenant system is surprisingly deep!

I guess it's a good job I don't spend much time at the firelink shrine then! I did a bit of a schoolboy error near the start and aggro'd (is that the term) the fat monk man and the depressed knight wearing the rather too tight armour and had to kill them both - I use a PS2 controller on the PC and it doesn't seem to map the menu controls properly so I use a mouse for that part of the game, why they thought the menu click button and the sword swipe button should be the same is anyone's guess !

So I beat demon souls yesterday. My 1st playthrough was less than half the time of my 1st playthrough of dark souls. I'm wondering if it's because dark souls prepped me well for DeS, or because it's just shorter. Prob a combination of both. Going for the platinum I guess.

• 2 months later...

Yay, finally beat Ornstein and Smough without summoning anyone or buffing (is that the term ?) my weapons! First attempt I got smashed to pieces without actually knowing what was going on. Second attempt I defeated the electric one (Ornstein ?) but when the fat guy went all electric hammer I got destroyed in two hits. Third attempted I nailed it (with 1 estus flak remaining)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest cult fiction

Also

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2013/04/11/no-easy-mode-allowed-an-interview-with-dark-souls-2-director-yui-tanimura-plus-new-screenshots/

Glad to hear that they're not doing an easy mode and that they're playing up the horror in the first half of the game.

Bummer about the graphics though - its got a really generic high-contrast look with waaaaay too much red. Feels more like Gears of Dark Souls. They did say they wanted to make it more accessible - is this to appeal to the bros?

• 6 months later...
Guest viscosity

Just started playing this on the PC. I feel like it's the metaphorical equivalent to Franz Kafka's The Castle. has anyone actually beaten this game? I'm up to the gargoyle boss and don't know if I have the skill or patience to invest in this game. it's so addicting in a masochistic sorta way

Just started playing this on the PC. I feel like it's the metaphorical equivalent to Franz Kafka's The Castle. has anyone actually beaten this game? I'm up to the gargoyle boss and don't know if I have the skill or patience to invest in this game. it's so addicting in a masochistic sorta way

Lol yeah, I finally beat it (it took almost 160 hours...) recently. The gargoyles are a bitch, but if you turn human you can summon at least one or two NPCs to help with the battle, so try that and see if it helps, if you haven't yet.

Lol yeah, I finally beat it (it took almost 160 hours...) recently. The gargoyles are a bitch, but if you turn human you can summon at least one or two NPCs to help with the battle, so try that and see if it helps, if you haven't yet.

gargoyles are really one of the easiest bosses imo, if you turn human you can summon me, i have a lvl 30 char that you should be able to summon and we'll rape them, add me on games for windows live: SomberMonk3

Anybody manage to get into the Dark Souls II beta on PS3/XBOX? I missed the first round, but hopefully the second round on 22nd October will let me in. From what I've seen in leaked videos and discussion, it's just as brutally hard as the first two games.

I kinda wished they had called this Dark [something] rather than put a II after the second title in the series.

I could be wrong but I believe you can only summon people within 10 levels of your own. Or maybe that's only 'can be invaded by'

Summoning is 10% of your soul level +/- 10 levels.

Invasions are 10% of your soul level -10 and infinitely up for dark wraiths and the opposite for Darkmoons.

I could be wrong but I believe you can only summon people within 10 levels of your own. Or maybe that's only 'can be invaded by'

Summoning is 10% of your soul level +/- 10 levels.

Invasions are 10% of your soul level -10 and infinitely up for dark wraiths and the opposite for Darkmoons.

Ye, i have a lvl 30 char for coop on lower levels, he should be around level 20-30 while at gargoyles so it is all good :)

Anybody manage to get into the Dark Souls II beta on PS3/XBOX? I missed the first round, but hopefully the second round on 22nd October will let me in. From what I've seen in leaked videos and discussion, it's just as brutally hard as the first two games.

I kinda wished they had called this Dark [something] rather than put a II after the second title in the series.

I was able to get in. I really felt the differences in the game engine. Even though I mastered Dark Souls, I was still getting my ass handed to me left and right. Weapons felt weightier but movement felt faster, if that makes sense. It honestly felt like a good mix between Demons and Dark.

One of the best changes they made was the variety in dual wielding. Left hand weapons combo well with the main hand and even have their own running attacks. I mostly played as the dual swordsmen but switched to the sorcerer for the last half hour. The magic I experimented with was bad ass, but felt very under powered. That was most likely due to me not putting enough stats into it.

The lock on system has had an overhaul as well. I can't say if like it yet. For example, you are no longer constrained to always facing an enemy when you're locked on. This led to me consistently failing at shield poking enemies with my estoc even though I was right in front of them and locked on.

Invasions and summoning worked flawlessly. I never had my summon sign down for more than ten seconds before someone picked it up.

Overall, I thought it was amazing. It actually felt more like Demons Souls 2 instead of Dark Souls 2 IMO. Especially when I encountered a section that had four black phantom versions of these big whip wielding guys. Can't wait for the next beta session.

If anyone manages to get into the next beta session and wants to jolly co-op with me, my psn is mattlines0828.

Umbasa

Archived