IGNORED

US Senate declares the entire USA to be a ”battleground”

J3FF3R00

http://newsvoice.se/2011/12/02/us-senate-declares-the-entire-usa-to-be-a-battleground/

In a stunning move that has civil libertarians stuttering with disbelief, the U.S. Senate has just passed a bill that effectively ends the Bill of Rights in America.

The National Defense Authorization Act is being called the most traitorous act ever witnessed in the Senate, and the language of the bill is cleverly designed to make you think it doesn’t apply to Americans, but toward the end of the bill it essentially says it can apply to Americans ”if we want it to.”

This bill, passed late last night in a 93-7 vote, declares the entire USA to be a ”battleground” upon which U.S. military forces can operate with impunity, overriding Posse Comitatus and granting the military the unchecked power to arrest, detain, interrogate and even assassinate U.S. citizens with impunity.

Has anyone else heard of this? Is this just mumbo jumbo?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its bullshit. read the act. US citizens are by and large exempt from these processes.

However, it does condemn illegals currently living in the US...so thats shady stuff in and of itself.

My problem with this bill is that so many people are against it.

Defense Secretary Leon Panetta opposes the maneuver. So does CIA Director David Patreus , who usually commands deference from senators in both parties. Pretty much every security official has lined up against the Senate detention provisions, from Director of National Intelligence James Clapper to FBI Director Robert Mueller, who worry that they’ll get in the way of FBI investigations of domestic terrorists.

http://www.wired.com...tary-detention/

When a number of individuals that would have to work within the confines of this legislation see it as a bad idea, we should definitely take heed. Also, what's the deal with congress originally trying to push this through without debate? Why are they pushing this so hard and fast? Obama says he will veto the bill and I really hope he keeps his word. Otherwise I believe we're sliding even further down a slippery slope.

edit: Also, John McCain, who helped author the bill, has had over 800 replies to his defense of the NDAA entitled "Defense Bill offers Balance in Dealing with Detainees" on facebook calling him a traitor and treasonous lol. https://www.facebook.com/johnmccain

yeah, dont get me wrong, theres a lot of troubling shit in that bill...but if someone wants to talk sensationllist bullshit about how the Bill of Rights has been destroyed, one only needs to look back at hundreds of acts since the 1950s.

shit, lets go back to the Alien and Sedition Acts while we are at it.

From what I've read, it really does sound like a bad bill... loopholes and vague wording that effectively does allow it to be abused.

I read a press release from the white house, saying they want to veto it... but NOWHERE in the statement does it say it is concerned about being unconstitutional in regards to peoples rights, but specifically because there are a few provisions in there that limit the presidents powers in some areas. thanks white house, glad you're looking out for us.

From what I've read, it really does sound like a bad bill... loopholes and vague wording that effectively does allow it to be abused.

I read a press release from the white house, saying they want to veto it... but NOWHERE in the statement does it say it is concerned about being unconstitutional in regards to peoples rights, but specifically because there are a few provisions in there that limit the presidents powers in some areas. thanks white house, glad you're looking out for us.

it should be obvious by this point that they only "look out for us" when it's necessary to placate the public with some feeble gesture to prevent dissent. Example: repealing "don't ask/don't tell" suddenly makes obama a saint. we "withdrew" the troops from iraq. obama wholeheartedly supports the message of the 99%.

it's simple manipulation. give people an inch and suddenly they'll forget about the mile you cut out from under them last week.

the only vague wording Ive seen in this bill is in regards to the qualifications of a person having implicit support of Al-Qaeda or terrorist groups. Which is disturbing but no more than ten other bills past within the past decade that say the exact same shit.

http://newsvoice.se/...a-battleground/

In a stunning move that has civil libertarians stuttering with disbelief, the U.S. Senate has just passed a bill that effectively ends the Bill of Rights in America.

The National Defense Authorization Act is being called the most traitorous act ever witnessed in the Senate, and the language of the bill is cleverly designed to make you think it doesn’t apply to Americans, but toward the end of the bill it essentially says it can apply to Americans ”if we want it to.”

This bill, passed late last night in a 93-7 vote, declares the entire USA to be a ”battleground” upon which U.S. military forces can operate with impunity, overriding Posse Comitatus and granting the military the unchecked power to arrest, detain, interrogate and even assassinate U.S. citizens with impunity.

Has anyone else heard of this? Is this just mumbo jumbo?

So they are going to release a virus and NutJob number 1 was right all along.

Either that, or they brought it up so that obama could knock it down and look, to his once were but now occupying base, like he gives a shit.

even if it's not as bad as people are saying, it does kind of freak me out. if anything WAS to happen - and i would NOT be surprised if people are on edge about this right now based on shit being spewed on youtubes, angry citiziens...

btw what the fuck is up with reddit right now? CONSPIRACY

even if it's not as bad as people are saying, it does kind of freak me out. if anything WAS to happen - and i would NOT be surprised if people are on edge about this right now based on shit being spewed on youtubes, angry citiziens...

btw what the fuck is up with reddit right now? CONSPIRACY

what do you mean about reddit?

until anonymous actually does something aside from hack useless realms of information, they are superfluous.

honestly people, if you want to pick when the Bill of Rights ended, you should probably start digging around in the 1970s

this didn't JUST happen with one bill.

but when the administration requests to not change anything about the text,

that's not what Carl Levin is saying in the video, he's saying that his original bill excluded american citizens. The Obama administration personally requested them to remove language from the bill that excluded American citizens. In other words the Obama administration has a hard-on for wanting to indefinitely detain, execute and imprison American citizens with no charges. It's not Carl Levin or John Mcain, they didn't have the language originally in the bill..

I really don't know what to make of this. The first link which google brings up after searching "obama on 1031" is a page which promotes Glenn Beck's latest book. Are there some direct quotes instead of the youtube clip? Or any other evidence?

no but Carl Levin wrote the actual amendment with John Mcain, is it really that hard to believe?

the Obama administration set a new precedent this year with the assassination of an american citizen with no charges arrest jury judge or trial

http://www.alternet....war_al-awlaki_/

to me this just goes long with the agenda Bush and now Obama has been trying to push (the expansions and increasing broadness of the war on terror are virtually the same as the W administration)

just in case, i might be going too far, but assuming this is all coming true, this would be a great example of why people in the United States do not like the idea of giving up their weapons.

Archived