IGNORED

New collaborated track

Guest Hermann

Guest Hermann

This song (though I was recently told by a friend I´m not allowed to call it a song if it doesn´t include singing..) I made with my girlfriend Joss, made from some old laptop recordings and random sounds found here and there on my komputerr.

Really not sure how to class this little number, but I guess that´s a good thing.

Hope you enjoy, if not, don´t hesitate to let me know either, if you feel the need to do so ;)

http://soundcloud.com/hermann-3/hermann-thor-joss-gustavsson

Alot of interesting elements interacting here you wouldn't normally expect to work, but here they do, particularly like that piercing slow building droney siren noise you bring in, the cut back to off key guitar parts is really well done and subtle. The gong/gamelan instruments chimey things were also used really well, be they samples or whatnot i dont know.

Guest Hermann

Thanks for the feedback everyone, really appreciate it!

The gong/gamellan sound I made (along with a lot of other sounds in this song) using this software I downloaded onto my computer that I use to produce some nice electronic sounds, and I can just record it straight with my computer, which is nice. So it´s not really a sample, but something like that. The software is called fruity loops, a pretty primitive software and it´s not very good for making many things, but I only use it to record some cool sounds from and stuff like that.

Yes I agree the song feels like it drags and makes you impatient in a way, but I was trying to capture the feeling of restlessnes, so maybe that´s why it´s like that.. ;)

Archived