IGNORED

Burial - Kindred EP

chassis

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Without having heard this, and based on people comments, it seems those Massive Attack remixes played a significant part in the sound of this EP?

Hi Mr BUNKUM,

I had a sneaky listen to one of the tracks (not sure which one) and I would say YES

I can neither sign in nor buy from hyperdub, so I won't be purchasing (yet). I had no problems buying Street Halo when it was released, so I'm not sure what's up. I can't even find a help contact address on their website - all there is is a contact for current orders or general label enquiries!

i'm loving the raveyness of loner

agreed. i think it is currently my fav on the ep, then ashtray wasp. all will change though im sure.

just a killer killer ep though.

i think kindred (the track) might be a grower - exit wounds was initially my least favourite track on ghost hardware and now it's my favourite.

i keep listening to a couple of tracks of other albums, then turning them off to put on this ep again lol

I've managed to buy it now - for some reason, clicking buy on the homepage didn't work, but clicking on the album to get to the album's page and then clicking on buy did. Now listening to it for the first time!

Without having heard this, and based on people comments, it seems those Massive Attack remixes played a significant part in the sound of this EP?

The tracks are all very long and contain a 'flowy' atmosphere between a lot of thoughts. Similar to the earth/wind/fire/water breakdown that Four Walls has. None of them are have a repetitive perc hits either, which was becoming kind of stale point in his sound.

I've quite liked Burial for a while without ever feeling the need to go overboard. But this whole EP is fucking exceptional. I think anyone accusing him of having no range have had their answer.

totally agreed. i dunno, i hate to use the word... proggy? but there it is. three long tracks, which are very fractured and capture multiple moods, and exhibit multiple techniques. and there's just this soul running through it from start to end. it's pretty astounding. i guess you could mention prog, but fuckit. imma just file under incredible and hope he never changes. this fucking music...

^ perfect

i put this on my house system when i got home and had it cranking as i was cooking dinner. kindred sounded way better than it did at work. my wife walked in during loner and said, "this sounds like a rave..."

and ashtray wasp, well, what an amazing track. i love how it moves between different pieces within each track. the tracks blended into each other very nicely listening without a screen or track titles in front of me. what a perfect ep.

Im a bit apprehensive about the amount of vinyl scratching on the tracks, and what it'll sound like when its actually on vinyl. Seems to be a lot more than on any other burial ive heard.

I liked Street Halo as well, so the Japanese CD is really tempting. It would amount to one shit-hot album.

Yeah I've burnt a CD from my WAVs and it really does flow quite well as a mini album (nearly an hour long, really an album I suppose with the long multipart tracks). Very tempted to pick up the Japanese CD as well...

Guest nene multiple assgasms

I love the sinister basslines on the first track. burial needs to collaborate with shackleton asap!

does anyone else's audio files have skips? not burial crackle, but skips like a cd skipping.

Archived