IGNORED

the story of feminism, as told by women

vamos scorcho

Guest disparaissant

hahahahahahaahahahahahaahaha oh my god really?

okay dude, put your money where your mouth is and provide facts and figures for these claims

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, right, of course, women being treated equally isn't important as long as they statistically make more money, and ridiculous standards for body image aren't a problem if you have clothes on. Why didn't I think of that sooner! it's so simple!

Posting a banner means fuck all. Did you look at the site? Every single state's sheet has a list of sources to back it up, and is from 2011. I would love to see you actually disprove it.

thats cute, but seeing as women being paid less than an average male worker for the past 50 years amongst all statisticians and think-tanks, i think this time the burden of proof is on your end, unfortunately.

nice try though.

to zeff

im gonna go ahead and call "troll" at this point. no one can be this stupid.

i cant even begin to point out the flaws inyour "evidence"

1-its an opinion piece

2-the guy wrote a new book called Why Men Earn More

3-this little gem:

And among workers who have never been married and never had children, women earn 117% of what men do. (This factors in education, hours worked and age.)

Awfully specific demographic for what you claim to be a national widespread truth.

4-Aside from the blatantly manipulated number quoted above, there are NO hard statistics

Guest disparaissant

ah i see, he's trolling

in case you actually are just dumber than a box of rocks, zeff, i'll give you a little tip "as percent of" is a lot different than "percent more"

this is not a sale at wal mart.

well, i am lesbian, so ya got me there.

and in the same stroke proved your misogyny! way to go.

Well, I am not a misogynist, so ya didn't get me there

And in the same stroke proved your inability to make a coherent argument rather than resorting to Ad Hominem attacks.

"You know nothing about feminism and you're a misogynist."

How about you prove me wrong before you insult me?

Feminists constantly employ invalid and outdated statistics.

Women make MORE than men.

Women have an ADVANTAGE in applying for a job

Women have an ADVANTAGE in college acceptance and scholarship acquisition

What the hell else is there? Nothing worth complaining about considering the ridiculous amount of other problems which plague men and not women.

Going to go complain about the materialistic portrayals of the female body in the media? How about you put some damn clothes on and stop perpetuating those images, geniuses.

i know just the right wretched little corner of the internet for you

wow, trolling just made me think of the term "repetition is the mother of knowledge", which was taught to me in 4th grade or something. When I got the hang of irony a couple of years later, I thought that it's probably the true enemy of knowledge. What also springs to mind is how categorizing always fucks argumentations up. To argue, please state your view on the central expressions, so that you know you're dealing with the same things.

In my case, I don't tell ppl actively I'm a feminist, or check a box in a poll if I consider my self feminist - but what does that actually say about my views on women or men? Nothing. I just don't like categorizing too much of my self as I feel it hinders a free life. That said, I do get the need of putting a label on stuff, and defining it, to be able to talk about it or investigate it at all.

Archived