IGNORED

Redlettermedia reviews Indiana Jones 4

Cryptowen

I like the point he makes about how the character is supposed to be someone every guy secretly wants to be, & seeing him as a worn out old man with a wife/kid, going on a watered down politically correct adventure, sort of wrecks that when we'd rather just have the idea of Indiana Jones as some eternal ageless 1930s hero, going on insane world tours without consequence.

This should put the final hammer smash on anybody who still thinks Skull is the 3rd best indiana jones

wait, whats the worst one? Temple of Doom? I loved that one.

Crusade will always be my fave though...fuckin' Marcus Brody...love that guy.

Guest bitroast

what? they're just idiots then.

anyone who thinks crystal skull is better than any of the originals is clearly not worth listening to (unless they're like, not talking about indiana jones or something)

lol, for my money Temple of Doom (im probably parroting this from some blog i read) is closer to the vision Spielberg and Lucas set out to do in taking an old serial and translating it to a modern film. Even though Raiders is my favorite

Guest Stoppit

I've always thought the Indy films and the Die Hard films follow the same pattern; the first one is iconic, the second is the weakest of the original 3 (while still being very entertaining), the third is probably the most fun, with a good bickering double-act, and number 4 comes many years later, and fails to recapture the spirit of the originals. Although having said that, I think Die Hard 4 probably does a better job of sticking to the formula without just becoming a self-referential wankfest.

I thought Die Hard 4 had some good action in it, but I hate how it was rated PG-13. He couldn't even say "yippy ki yay mother fucker." There's a gun blast that happens at the same time that basically mutes him.

This thread inspired me to watch Die Hard 3 again.

Guest Stoppit

yeah to be fair, i don't want to be too hard on die hard 4, despite some shortcomings, i enjoy it a lot. It certainly does a better job than Indy 4. CGI gophers can suck my balls.

yeah, temple of doom is a fantastic film. i have no idea what bob dobalina is babbling on about.

Perhaps if you're into fugly leading ladies, lil wiener kid sidekicks, and chase scenes through thunder mountain disneyworld, then maybe.

Is one allowed the opinion that both the cristal skull and temple of doom were equally steaming piles of shit?

just askin'

yeah, yuez right. But racist piles of schmuck might be better.

Archived