IGNORED

Simon Pyke (aka Freeform) - Collisions e.p

kirm

didnt realise he had released on warp or rephlex? He was on skam for awhile. But yeah he is really good but strangely under the radar, also didnt know about his advanced beauty album..

http://simonpyke.ban...advanced-beauty

will have to get that as well me thinks, & theres a few of his older albums on his bandcamp which I aint heard before, all sound like there well worth a fiver

The Free EP on Skam is one of the best things they ever put out, Yet his Prowl EP for Warp was so boring and awful. I'd have to say he's kind of hit and missy but I know what you mean about him being ignored. I mean he doesn't get near the attention Bola does I feel, and he's put out so much more. I mean you can pick up the guy's entire catalog for next to nothing.

awesome news! I've been going through somewhat of a Freeform phase recently. I'd say that his albums are a little hit and miss, but the hits are some of the best electronic music around. I've been really digging Wildcat and Human. Also, it's worth checking out Advanced Beauty if you haven't already... there are some great tracks on there.

Like Autechre, some of his best pieces have appeared on compilations. I really like Darklebeetle from the ICASEA comp, and Fyonk is a classic off the 2nd Alternative Frequencies compilation.

Guest bitroast

Like Autechre, some of his best pieces have appeared on compilations. I really like Darklebeetle from the ICASEA comp, and Fyonk is a classic off the 2nd Alternative Frequencies compilation.

yeah, that compilation track really peaked my interest in him and have been listening to a lot of Human and Outside In recently. happy to see some new releases : )

will have to get that as well me thinks, & theres a few of his older albums on his bandcamp which I aint heard before, all sound like there well worth a fiver

My favoutite of his has always been: http://simonpyke.bandcamp.com/album/audio-tourism-vietnam-china

Great album that sounds like nothing else I can think of.

Collisions is sounding pretty good, surprisingly straightforward production-wise compared to a lot of the other freeform stuff. Epic Tenori reminds me of Phillip Glass.

Archived