IGNORED

Spiritual Succesors

Guest zaphod

Guest zaphod

In this thread we tie two movies together that could exist as sequels/prequels to one another. For instance, Captain Ron is a prequel to Escape From New York. After the family he travels with is murdered by pirates, Ron watches the world collapse and takes on a new, more jaded persona: Snake Plissken.

Taxi Driver is a prequel to Contact because Jody Foster's character never would have gotten back to her family to become an astronomer if she hadn't been freed from prostitution by Travis Bickle.

Dumb and Dumber is a sequel to The Squid and the Whale. Jeff Daniels' character suffers a debilitating stroke while in the hospital at the end of The Squid and the Whale and loses a lot of brain function and all memories of his family.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest zaphod

pretty sure election is a sequel to ferris bueller's day off. after sloane leaves him and cameron dies at the hands of his father, ferris drifts through a series of meaningless jobs, marries a boring woman he isn't in love with and eventually becomes a teacher to relive his high school glory days.

Guest Gary C

pretty sure election is a sequel to ferris bueller's day off. after sloane leaves him and cameron dies at the hands of his father, ferris drifts through a series of meaningless jobs, marries a boring woman he isn't in love with and eventually becomes a teacher to relive his high school glory days.

LOL, gotta watch them again now.

Guest RadarJammer

China Beach-Star Trek Voyager

After Vietnam Dr. Dick Richard signed up for an experimental brain and body scan program and his digital copy was held in cold storage until the Starfleet needed a spare doctor.

"This video contains content from Channel 4, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds" - The same Channel 4 that's just down the road from where I'm currently sitting? The same Channel 4 that I can go on the website and watch the entire series of it if I wanted to?

Le sigh.... :rolleyes:

Guest Gary C

"This video contains content from Channel 4, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds" - The same Channel 4 that's just down the road from where I'm currently sitting? The same Channel 4 that I can go on the website and watch the entire series of it if I wanted to?

Yeah, that's exactly why. Channel 4 are forcing UK viewers to watch their shows through 4OD (for more direct ad revenue presumably).

Ah gotcha, that makes sense - I didn't realise the clip was taken by another user. Though it begs the question - If Channel 4 identified it as being their content, I wonder why it's not pulled down for copyright reasons ?

Ah gotcha, that makes sense - I didn't realise the clip was taken by another user. Though it begs the question - If Channel 4 identified it as being their content, I wonder why it's not pulled down for copyright reasons ?

'Cause it gets people to go watch it on CH4OD :trollface:

lol perfect

dead space is a sequel to mass effect. the reapers have succeeded in destroying most life in the galaxy and the mass relays are destroyed as well, which isolates the various species from each other. humans slowly rebuild society and generations pass, which makes aliens little more than mythology. this leads into the events of dead space.

remember this thing?

Dead+Space+Marker.jpg

it's actually a reaper indoctrination device.

in mass effect we see abominations that are caused by indoctrination:

mass+effect+3+cannibal+reaper+alien+monster.jpg

which are very similar to dead space's necromorphs:

dead-space-20080925032431758-000.jpg

also isaac's telekinesis and statis powers are easily explained by mass effect fields.

symptoms of reaper indoctrination include hallucinations, shadowy figures and hearing voices :)

Fock...

BTW, great thread idea, some posts are really spot-on :)

Snakes on a Plane is the prequel to Anaconda.

Grizzly Man is the sequel to Winnie the Pooh. Christopher Robin grows up but continues his lifelong fascination with bears.

The Silence of the Lambs is the sequel to Elephant Man. After his debacle with John Merrick, kind Dr. Treeves becomes a bit more callous towards his patients

Archived