IGNORED

does the 2012 idm tourney represent the true state of watmm?

jules

Guest AcrossCanyons

I am bummed people are leaving. I really love this place.

StephenG. Please post less. You have some really cool posts, but they are overshadowed by your worthless posts.

As for banning members, Sup had it coming with his Anti-Watmm blog (come on, that's just stupid. I like the guy, but that is stupid) and I'm very cool with Craig Anderson and Boxing Day getting banned as well because they were annoying trolls. I miss many banned members though.

Look on the bright side, if the whole community leaves then this will solely end up being an Electronic Music Forum :cisfor:

I post marginally more than other members.

• 1531 posts
  • Joined 28-January 12

lol

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am bummed people are leaving. I really love this place.

StephenG. Please post less. You have some really cool posts, but they are overshadowed by your worthless posts.

As for banning members, Sup had it coming with his Anti-Watmm blog (come on, that's just stupid. I like the guy, but that is stupid) and I'm very cool with Craig Anderson and Boxing Day getting banned as well because they were annoying trolls. I miss many banned members though.

Look on the bright side, if the whole community leaves then this will solely end up being an Electronic Music Forum :cisfor:

I post marginally more than other members.

• 1531 posts
  • Joined 28-January 12

lol

Yeah, marginally means a little bit more. Look at the "top 20 posters of today" section and you'll see I post only 1 - 4 more times than anyone else.

I can't help it if I'm consistent and post every day. You know, since, like I said, I only post when I'm studying which is every day. As you can see, I only posted 6 more times than Npoess today, and he's one of the ones that is criticizing me. Thankfully his criticism is constructive and I really appreciate what he has to say.

PLEASE STOP

Stop what? That's my first fucking post in over 4 hours.

What is wrong with you people?

15328 posts

Yeah, you're one to talk about posting too much.

You just gotta filter yourself more. I am definitely guilty of going on binges of posting bullshit day after day (because I get bored and watmm is something to do), I'm now just making an effort to post more meaningful content if I post at all.

I read one of your posts and I'm like, yea, Stephen is a cool dude, and then I read another and I'm like, goddammit Stephen stop posting.

/stephen rant.

On another note, the word "read" is annoying. I mean it in the present tense in the sentence above, but when I'm reading it looks like the past tense.

Thanks pal, I really do appreciate it. I am definitely going to take your words into consideration and filter myself more. You have a good evening. :happy:

Goddammit! STOP FUCKING POSTING. Ugh.

No. Stop being so aggressive. I was thanking him for helping me. It's called building social capital. Now I will stop posting.

lol that's not how it works around here.

He's canadian he must thank everyone for everything.

ah the king of generalizations has struck again.

PLEASE STOP

Stop what? That's my first fucking post in over 4 hours.

What is wrong with you people?

15328 posts

Yeah, you're one to talk about posting too much.

yeah, kaini, don't you think you're projecting?

kaini's 15,328 posts divided over 7 years works out to 2,189.714 per year.

StephenG's 1,534 posts since January of this year works out to

annoyed.jpg

annoyed.jpg

So.... let me understand. People are judging the QUALITY of my character (IE StephenG is a shitty, sucky, noob member) by the quantity of my posts. And I can't rate skrillex QUALITY in the skrillex forum on objective, quantifiable terms?

This isn't WATMM.

This is the musically and socially incompetent. TMASI.

annoyed.jpg

So.... let me understand. People are judging the QUALITY of my character (IE StephenG is a shitty, sucky, noob member) by the quantity of my posts.

precisely, because it's all quantity. you are "the member who posts all the fucking time"

annoyed.jpg

So.... let me understand. People are judging the QUALITY of my character (IE StephenG is a shitty, sucky, noob member) by the quantity of my posts.

precisely, because it's all quantity. you are "the member who posts all the fucking time"

i don't see why that's such a big problem. stephenG does take watmm a bit too seriously at times, but he engages in relevant discussion. it's not like he's spamming memes and one-liners.

annoyed.jpg

i don't see why that's such a big problem. stephenG does take watmm a bit too seriously at times, but he engages in relevant discussion. it's not like he's spamming memes and one-liners.

Thanks Hoodie. =)

annoyed.jpg

So.... let me understand. People are judging the QUALITY of my character (IE StephenG is a shitty, sucky, noob member) by the quantity of my posts. And I can't rate skrillex QUALITY in the skrillex forum on objective, quantifiable terms?

This isn't WATMM.

This is the musically and socially incompetent. TMASI.

You are free to do whatever you like - don't expect others to always see things your way, even if you think you've provided a logical argument.

When you cast aspersions on the members posting here though, you don't stand much of a chance of fitting in. Just a little tip to help you build your social capital.

Right, I'm the one casting aspersions ? I get followed around to every thread being told I'm shitty and message too much. Im the one casting aspersions. Sound logic Chen. Here I was thinking you might actually stand up for me. =/

good god man, if you're sick of abuse, quit the forum, or learn how to be hip and stuff

I'm actually alright with the forums bro, that's why I continue to post here. =)

Right, I'm the one casting aspersions ? I get followed around to every thread being told I'm shitty and message too much. Im the one casting aspersions. Sound logic Chen. Here I was thinking you might actually stand up for me. =/

When you make generalized sweeping statements like "the musically and socially incompetent" then yes, you're the one casting aspersions on the members here.

When you post in every other thread, you're not being followed around - you're posting too much.

and just an fyi - no, you can't rate quality of music on objective terms. You can rate it on terms of societal norms though.

When you make generalized sweeping statements like "the musically and socially incompetent" then yes, you're the one casting aspersions on the members here.

When you post in every other thread, you're not being followed around - you're posting too much.

and just an fyi - no, you can't rate quality of music on objective terms. You can rate it on terms of societal norms though.

And you can rate the quality of my posts parasocial interaction or PSI engagement factors. What's your point?

You can't objectively rate the quality of one thing, and not of another. Just an FYI.

And you can rate the quality of my posts parasocial interaction or PSI engagement factors. What's your point?

You can't objectively rate the quality of one thing, and not of another. Just an FYI.

This is not parasocial interaction - for neither of us knows much about the other.

This is not parasocial interaction - for neither of us knows much about the other.

Wow you can use wikipedia?

Paracommunication AKA parasocial interaction actually refers only to the individual users interpretation of a computer mediated interlocutor/communcator.

You are a computer mediated character.

:cerious: :cerious:

Here, I made some notes from you from my class.

Key Term or Concept

Description

Reference

Parasocial interaction

The illusion of conversational give-and-take; adjusting one’s performance to an anticipated audience.

p. 179

Paracommunication

A simple social reaction that occurs when users thinks that a mediated character performs symbolic behaviour towards them.

p. 181

Playful communication

Interaction that arises from the perceived inability of a mediated character to monitor and to react to a user’s behaviour.

pp. 182-183

Perceived distance

The degree of conviction a user has that his or her behavioural expressions have an impact on the symbolic behaviour of another.

pp. 184-185

Perceived authenticity

A user’s judgment of the authenticity and “real” quality of a character’s attributes.

p. 187

"Parasocial interaction (or para-social relationship) is a term used by social scientists to describe one-sided, "parasocial" interpersonal relationships in which one party knows a great deal about the other, but the other does not."

Good job, a quote from 1988. Wikipedia must be the most up to date leading edge research available. You got it buddy. Great work.

Maybe I should just send my homework to you, you know so much about the topic.

Archived