IGNORED

does the 2012 idm tourney represent the true state of watmm?

jules

stephenG is a great man. watmm is a lotus simultaneously blossoming and wilting, a wonderland hidden by its own shadow.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gee...could it have been the banning of lots of worthwhile folks, and the policing of everyone's post content? One wonders...

you live in shanghai?!

I envy you. =)

why?

I think it's a beautiful city in a lot of respects. Tons of history, culture... some of the architecture.... all of the lights and nightlife.

Then again, I'm saying this from a distance. Maybe there are lots of problems there, not sure.

Guest Adjective

i don't think anyone has ever been satisfied or felt any connection with the results of these tournaments, that's part of the tradition.

the current state of watmm:

* certain members posting a zillion times per day

* quoting because you don't want to or can't articulate your own opinion (or no opinion in the first place but still compelled to post)

* skrillex discussion for god knows why

* social awkwardness

Shanghai is a filthy shithole with air that makes your lungs feel like you just smoked a pack of Camel filterless in one go. But it's better than Beijing, and it has cheaper weed than Seoul.

Also 1,500 posts since the end of January? lol

Guest Mirezzi

Shanghai is a filthy shithole with air that makes your lungs feel like you just smoked a pack of Camel filterless in one go. But it's better than Beijing, and it has cheaper weed than Seoul.

Also 1,500 posts since the end of January? lol

Yeah, that's quite a lot. Why was Maximum Mischief banned? I have at least a dozen guesses, but...

Wow, I only have 1900 posts. I'm doing it wrong!

gee...could it have been the banning of lots of worthwhile folks, and the policing of everyone's post content? One wonders...

lol thats the thing I never see Joyrex point out or understand. Does he feel the forum has dropped off since Trotsky was expelled and Lenin had a cerebral hemorrhage?

showing CHATMM with the "10 people are chatting right now" icon would have been a brilliant April fools joke.

I'm definitely a dissident with regards to the banning of certain members... hathat, maximus, sup come to mind. In addition I value what some would consider the most extreme trolls... I believe people like Boxing Day form the "shit" of a community. Without shit a community becomes unnatural, constipated even. Everybody poops.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Everything is going to be okay guys, I promise. (I have no legal authority make such promises btw)

Am I the only one who feels that WATMM became a lot more fun to visit after those morons were banned?

Also the post count posturing is ridiculous.

Also some people here seem more interested in gaining "community acceptance" or whatever instead of posting meaningful things.

Archived