IGNORED

does the 2012 idm tourney represent the true state of watmm?

jules

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dude what the hell does parasocial interaction have to do with anything?

yes you can rate the quality of posts because this is a forum with threads and rules for posting in those threads, things like relevance and etiquette are just a few of these

read the cite:

http://www.uiowa.edu...p/crisp.6.9.htm origins of the term don't change unless historical evidence shows otherwise. So point me to a journal article which states otherwise - don't worry I have access to the same journals you do.

Journal article? Mediated Interpersonal Communication, 2011, Konijin/Utz/Tanis/Barnes. 400 pages of Journal for you.

yes you can rate the quality of posts because this is a forum with threads and rules for posting in those threads, things like relevance and etiquette are just a few of these

Precisely why I thank people for giving me advice and apologizing when I act outside of social norms.

It really just has to do with: he said he can rate my quality, but I can't rate skrillex' quality.

i dont post often enough here these days to notice all this guffaw, way back when essines, encey and easterlingman where the top posters, every_single_day, yeah i noticed them.

lol who else sees the penis in verticalhold's avatar?

lol. cannot unsee

It really just has to do with: he said he can rate my quality, but I can't rate skrillex' quality.

re. quality of posts, you're comparing two different things

lol who else sees the penis in verticalhold's avatar?

lol. cannot unsee

re. quality of posts, you're using a flawed analogy

quality of posts, quality of music.

I think the quality of my posts are fine, and they can be measured through various university studies established PSI criteria.

Skrillex can also be measured through various established quality criteria. Same way figure skating can. And any other thing that people judge.

But really I'm going to bed. I'll check back here in the morning for the flood of comments that say "StephenG is a dumb dumb, he posts too much, his quality is bad, blah blah blah"/

Have a great night everyone. Enjoy wanking off, I'm going to fuck a Ukrainian. :w00t::emotawesomepm9::cerious::diablo::beer:

I think the quality of my posts are fine, and they can be measured through various university studies established PSI criteria.

:cerious:

Skrillex can also be measured through various established quality criteria.

Have a great night everyone. Enjoy wanking off, I'm going to fuck a Ukrainian.

Skrillex can also be measured through various established quality criteria.

Have a great night everyone. Enjoy wanking off, I'm going to fuck a Ukrainian.

You got the last one wrong.

The correct emoticon is 8======>

read the cite:

http://www.uiowa.edu...p/crisp.6.9.htm origins of the term don't change unless historical evidence shows otherwise. So point me to a journal article which states otherwise - don't worry I have access to the same journals you do.

Journal article? Mediated Interpersonal Communication, 2011, Konijin/Utz/Tanis/Barnes. 400 pages of Journal for you.

In that wall of text of your homework the only mention of parasocial interaction is in your answer, which seems to me you don't understand the term. The origins of the term are not in dispute - search through any database of social sciences and you will find the same answer.

Theran S, Newberg E, Gleason T. Adolescent Girls' Parasocial Interactions With Media Figures. Journal Of Genetic Psychology [serial online]. July 2010;171(3):270-277. Available from: Academic Search Premier, Ipswich, MA. Accessed April 8, 2012.

http://www.acrwebsite.org/volumes/v32/acr_vol32_83.pdf

Particularly read the section titled "Parasocial Interaction Theory" on p.2 of the PDF.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1460-2466.2011.01595.x/pdf

or here where they discuss the evolution of the term - but it is always between an individual and a mass-media performer.

Giving me your textbook publisher's info is not particularly helpful, but I'll have a look at the book on Monday when I go to school. I've got the paragraph you quoted in your homework there, so should be able to find it no problem.

read the cite:

In that wall of text of your homework the only mention of parasocial interaction is in your answer, which seems to me you don't understand the term. The origins of the term are not in dispute - search through any database of social sciences and you will find the same answer.

Theran S, Newberg E, Gleason T. Adolescent Girls' Parasocial Interactions With Media Figures. Journal Of Genetic Psychology [serial online]. July 2010;171(3):270-277. Available from: Academic Search Premier, Ipswich, MA. Accessed April 8, 2012.

http://www.acrwebsit...cr_vol32_83.pdf

Particularly read the section titled "Parasocial Interaction Theory" on p.2 of the PDF.

http://onlinelibrary...011.01595.x/pdf

or here where they discuss the evolution of the term - but it is always between an individual and a mass-media performer.

Giving me your textbook publisher's info is not particularly helpful, but I'll have a look at the book on Monday when I go to school. I've got the paragraph you quoted in your homework there, so should be able to find it no problem.

Thank you for looking into it. Looking forward to your educated response. Have a great night Chen, thank you for being engaging tonight.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I'm right. and my user name doesn't start with a capital c.

Also you still can't objectively rate quality of music.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I'm right. and my user name doesn't start with a capital c.

Also you still can't objectively rate quality of music.

That's a fairly juvenile response. And I'm pretty sure you're fucking wrong.

I'm the one with the 4.0 GPA, including 6 courses in COMM.

You're very good at feigning intelligence though, it's almost believable. But the fact you pulled those quotes directly from wikipedia basically means you're an un-educated twat.

You're about as intelligent as a pair of my slippers. PS. I walk on my slippers.

lol whip out the size of your salary while you're at it son.

Nope I can leave that for Jeffy boy. He whips it out every conversation.

I used it once, in a conversation REGARDING SALARIES.

I even thanked you for your response and was polite, said I was looking forward your next findings, and you post some juvenile shit like that. You're a moderator, not a fucking infant.

You're very good at feigning intelligence though, it's almost believable. But the fact you pulled those quotes directly from wikipedia basically means you're an un-educated twat.

You're about as intelligent as a pair of my slippers. PS. I walk on my slippers.

I started with a wikipedia definition which was then backed up by several academic journals.

All of them said the same thing, which was that parasocial interaction was a term coined in 1956 by Horton and Wohl to describe a one-sided relationship in which one party knows a great deal about the other, but the relationship is not reciprocal.

keep swearing, and ranting - it makes your arguments look so much more convincing.

I started with a wikipedia definition which was then backed up by several academic journals.

All of them said the same thing, which was that parasocial interaction was a term coined in 1956 by Horton and Wohl to describe a one-sided relationship in which one party knows a great deal about the other, but the relationship is not reciprocal.

That's a good response. You're intitial response here is good, but please consider the original term was based on mass (1 way communications) communications, not new media forms that are multi directional or include information gatekeeping.

Please stop being the post gestapo and telling me I'm posting too much, not enough, too many tits, or not enough quality, or not funny, to you.

This shit is subjective.

Trust me, I'm on your team.

Edit: I like how you're allowed to edit your posts without it showing you've edited it. That's quite transparent.

Archived