IGNORED

Analord C-Sides

jlobkob

It's gotta be the old Flutternozzle for me. Spent ages listening to the Bodmins thinking they were the best of the new stuff, then Flutternozzle came outta nowhere, I was like ''Why haven't i heard this before the way i'm hearing it now?!''

Same kinda thing with the older analord tracks too...pretty addicted to XMD 5a very late i the game. God, that is one sweet rythm

I think it's major RDJ trolling to call them 'outtakes', like at least 80% of them imo are WORTHY of being on analord proper, only way I see them as outtakes is that maybe the themes/feelings don't quite match the original analords. I almost like them better in some ways. For some reason Stabbij really gets to me, at the time I was like whatever I got out of Last Step that analord didn't have was corrected by this one track (mostly the self-titled). Liptons B Acid is ridiculous, it's at a level I want to get to where I seriously experience it more as visuals than as 'sound' in the traditional sense. My brother was about analord, like "everything sits in the mix so well wtf" but he hasn't even heard Liptons yet, and to imagine that it's PRE-MASTERED holy shit. Love 7 is important sort of but I find it ultimately depressing

Also there's some good bits where the sound isn't quite right but the FEEL matches like some really lush version of a traditional instrument well. Like the flute sound in Maze Park and then some kind of harp bit, and in Bodmin 3 whenever the reverb comes up and it's like some dystopian future where traditional instruments are long gone and the people who remember try to recreate exactly what they were about on synths

stupid stuff impresses me with electronic music, like on analord some sounds seem like a PIXEL of sound and that interests me just as much/more than any epic drop or whatever shit

not to advertise, this is just an example of what I mean, where the later two synths I think they capture that pixel-y feel well

https://soundcloud.com/supergrandmatales324/cornflower-yellow

• 9 months later...
Guest edit8

someone please show me the way to having a high-quality copy of these great pieces of music... :music:

i am a real fan, but have managed to stay uninformed about these bonus tracks somehow... (can hear you say "uuh what a "real fan" :happy: )

anyway, please help. it will be greatly appreciated.

the bonus tracks are solid. the digital analord dump with the "bonuses" was one of the greatest music releases ever.

to answer the above, i recall someone saying there's no way to legally get them since the rephlex site stopped working.

one day i bet richard puts them on bandcamp or somewhere

the bonus tracks are solid. the digital analord dump with the "bonuses" was one of the greatest music releases ever.

to answer the above, i recall someone saying there's no way to legally get them since the rephlex site stopped working.

one day i bet richard puts them on bandcamp or somewhere

i hope so, but i've got all analord series (vinyls & digital versions). just for some unreleased tracks, demos, etc. Really hope he'll do it...

If i remember correctly, they released tho digitals & bonus tracks right around Xmas that year and it felt like nothing short of a baby Jesus miracle.

That was a good time.

If i remember correctly, they released tho digitals & bonus tracks right around Xmas that year and it felt like nothing short of a baby Jesus miracle.

That was a good time.

<3 and at that time, Love 7 was still one of those holy grail unreleased live tracks, which gave us even more hope for what would become minipops and XMAS_EVE...

I think it's major RDJ trolling to call them 'outtakes', like at least 80% of them imo are WORTHY of being on analord proper, only way I see them as outtakes is that maybe the themes/feelings don't quite match the original analords. I almost like them better in some ways.

+ 1

also all 3 bodmins are fantastic. each like an etude on marching forward. different strides, so to speak.

this thread made me listen to bodmin 3 again: again wow. majestic. afx just grabs you by the arm and with a high-five takes you with him!

:music: irl

Got them when they came out and wasnt too moved at the time. Then one day while driving in a friends car w my ipod hooked up, bodmin 2 came on and I was surprised I had never really given it a chance before.

One of my favs that I haent seen mentioned is Reunion 2 Alt version. It plays up one of my favorite bits from the original starting at about 1:40.

Also it was cool to finally hear the song (One of the Mammoth tracks... ) that is faint in the background during the drop out in Bwoon Dub.

Got them when they came out and wasnt too moved at the time. Then one day while driving in a friends car w my ipod hooked up, bodmin 2 came on and I was surprised I had never really given it a chance before.

One of my favs that I haent seen mentioned is Reunion 2 Alt version. It plays up one of my favorite bits from the original starting at about 1:40.

Also it was cool to finally hear the song (One of the Mammoth tracks... ) that is faint in the background during the drop out in Bwoon Dub.

I think you mean Carnival Acid that is heard in the drop out in Bwood Dub

Archived