IGNORED

venetian snares interview

beerwolf

Interesting interview, and happy to know he's a Depeche Mode fan.

I like his Last Step stuff, and love the faux Penguin Books cover for Sleep.

Seems like a cool dude, but I really don't understand the whole "if I the label didn't ask me to release anything, I'd just keep it for myself/friends"-thing. Why would you do that? You have loads of fans all around the world who keeps buying your stuff, so why not just release it?

Its tough to tell when Aaron is being honest, but that was a nice read. I'd prolly buy him a beer.

Seems like a cool dude, but I really don't understand the whole "if I the label didn't ask me to release anything, I'd just keep it for myself/friends"-thing. Why would you do that? You have loads of fans all around the world who keeps buying your stuff, so why not just release it?

That line reminded me of Richard when he makes smug comments like that... the dude makes a living selling his music - like he would really keep it all for himself and his friends...

Guest couch

That line reminded me of Richard when he makes smug comments like that... the dude makes a living selling his music - like he would really keep it all for himself and his friends...

I'm sure when they both started out they really just intended to pass their music around to local friends and stuff. At least until they realized that loads more people actually want to hear it.

I'm sure when they both started out they really just intended to pass their music around to local friends and stuff. At least until they realized that loads more people actually want to hear it.

That mindset just makes no sense to me. at all. If you had thousands of fans all around the world, why wouldn't you release some new music for them to listen to? Aaron still releases stuff quite often, but Richard seems to have disappeared. I just don't understand why you would do that. You get money, fans get new music. what's not to like? also, the thing about Mike P having to talk Aaron into releasing the Last Step stuff just seems depressing.. again, why WOULDN'T you release it?

that first image is a triachus creation, innit?

yes :cool:

they didn't ask permission tho

i should be compensated millions. no, thousands! tens! NOTHINGS, that's my final offer!

That mindset just makes no sense to me. at all. If you had thousands of fans all around the world, why wouldn't you release some new music for them to listen to? Aaron still releases stuff quite often, but Richard seems to have disappeared. I just don't understand why you would do that. You get money, fans get new music. what's not to like? also, the thing about Mike P having to talk Aaron into releasing the Last Step stuff just seems depressing.. again, why WOULDN'T you release it?

Because I don't think he makes it with that intention - it's not an 'album', it's just a bunch of tracks he's making at that moment. Imagine all you do most the year is make lots of music, you wouldn't be thinking about whether what you've produced is worth releasing. It'd probably take someone else listening to it to tell you whether it is worth releasing. Maybe only then does he think, oh yeah I can make an album out of these bunch of tracks. I don't know. I don't think he came across as petulant and defensive like RDJ usually does about this subject. I think they're just conscious of wanting to come across like what they do is in no way made for people to consume. Some of Venetian Snares' music is deeply personal I could understand if he had wanted to not release it and allow it to be dissected and picked apart by people who will always treat the sincerity of music and art with some suspicion.

But if I was him I'd want to make loads of different types of albums, a bit like how he has been doing.

that first image is a triachus creation, innit?

yes :cool:

they didn't ask permission tho

i should be compensated millions. no, thousands! tens! NOTHINGS, that's my final offer!

Hahah, congrats; it's a great image! Enjoyable interview as well!

that came from watmm!

actually, i posted it first on a now defunct snares forum on vsnares.net

but then i was surprised to find out it got posted here as well (or did i shamelessly kept posting it here? can't remember)

I keep coming to the same conclusion

With all other music stuff happens in front of you, and you enjoy it from afar. Occasionally it reaches forward and tickles your chest.

Venetian Snares' music just pierces my skin like nothing else, like it's inside my brain trying to escape.

It's an obsession because if I don't return to listen to his music every now and again the shit I've consumed since just piles up and leaves a stain on my demeanor, it needs to be ripped to pieces so I can start afresh.

Guest Enter a new display name
I never go out these days. Over the years I've become more and more of a hermit. Didn't leave my house for over six months last year.

6zfWq.gif

I never go out these days. Over the years I've become more and more of a hermit. Didn't leave my house for over six months last year.

6zfWq.gif

this was your chance to say Location: Winnipeg

Archived