IGNORED

Facebook Shares Valued At $100bn

Redruth

can't wait for a ton of yuppy cunts in san francisco who invested in it to become millionaires over night. that's going to make the already annoying great gatsby culture of san francisco, far less annoying.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so david choe, the guy who did graffiti for facebook's offices in like 2006, is now worth 200 million. lol

despite thinking that Facebook was "ridiculous and pointless", Choe chose the shares.

:sup:

some kewl stuff of his, btw

the internet is our future world, apparently. the internet has the potential to be the biggest distraction and control mechanism since the television and much much more effective.

if you don't see it then you aren't looking. buy shares of your own destruction and debasement, we already do it every day. there may be no turning back but, we will never forget

our simple past, before facebooks and internets and tell-lie-visions.

aren't you posting this on the internet, under a registered account?

so in other words, your logic is that dissidents should be discredited for being on location when demonstrating an error with a system? the internet is no different.

no. Im saying something completely different, and it irks me that your kneejerk reaction is to say I am assaulting your "rebellion" by using the same tools you "oppose" in some sense.

Thats the whole fucking point that no one ever cares to acknowledge in this age of partisan nonsense; where everything is a critique of something using that same thing while nary acknowledging the fact that that thing enabled them to mount their argument on a larger level.

Its empty bullshit Luddite nonsense, if I might be frank with you, Troon, and I don't mean this as a personal affront. Without the internet, your soapbox diatribes would be heard by a handful of local yokels, and only those willing to give you the time to hear, rather than the time to see, something easier to skim through and spot potential written focal points.

So start the rebellion against capitalist and anti-spiritualist modernity if need be, but don't do it on the basis that the tools serve no focus. Because if the aim you truly wish to achieve works, you have invested more in that tool than the rest of the entire fucking world.

Don't confuse the quasi philosophical ramblings of an autistic moron with a god complex with somebody who actually knows what they're talking about.

the internet is our future world, apparently. the internet has the potential to be the biggest distraction and control mechanism since the television and much much more effective.

if you don't see it then you aren't looking. buy shares of your own destruction and debasement, we already do it every day. there may be no turning back but, we will never forget

so in other words, your logic is that dissidents should be discredited for being on location when demonstrating an error with a system? the internet is no different.

no. Im saying something completely different, and it irks me that your kneejerk reaction is to say I am assaulting your "rebellion" by using the same tools you "oppose" in some sense.

Thats the whole fucking point that no one ever cares to acknowledge in this age of partisan nonsense; where everything is a critique of something using that same thing while nary acknowledging the fact that that thing enabled them to mount their argument on a larger level.

Its empty bullshit Luddite nonsense, if I might be frank with you, Troon, and I don't mean this as a personal affront. Without the internet, your soapbox diatribes would be heard by a handful of local yokels, and only those willing to give you the time to hear, rather than the time to see, something easier to skim through and spot potential written focal points.

So start the rebellion against capitalist and anti-spiritualist modernity if need be, but don't do it on the basis that the tools serve no focus. Because if the aim you truly wish to achieve works, you have invested more in that tool than the rest of the entire fucking world.

i can still hate the same system that i use, if i'm referencing a time when it did not exist, which i deem to be preferable. if one disapproves of something that one is currently making use of, somewhat against one's own will, it will offer no benefit in the process of change to acknowledge the opportunity the thing is providing. it is simply a lack of perspective and the passing of time that causes us to so easily forget the past and its comfort of simplicity. sure, we can always put forth examples of past challenges and tribulations but the fact is that we are spinning an overly complex web, that will soon insnare us all

i can still hate the same system that i use, if i'm referencing a time when it did not exist, which i deem to be preferable. if one disapproves of something that one is currently making use of, somewhat against one's own will, it will offer no benefit in the process of change to acknowledge the opportunity the thing is providing. it is simply a lack of perspective and the passing of time that causes us to so easily forget the past and its comfort of simplicity. sure, we can always put forth examples of past challenges and tribulations but the fact is that we are spinning an overly complex web, that will soon insnare us all

Sorry, you are not using this against your own will, just like someone that speaks outside is not required to get a megaphone and a podium. It makes a huge change in acknowledging the importance of the tools you are using, what world are you living on? The Vietnam War ended in great part due to the television for fucks sake. Would you deprive the world of the (I hate to use this term) "99%" of their few means to interpret it?

An "overly complex web"? This means absolutely nothing.

Just to reiterate, the Enlightenment and Scientific Revolution would never have materialized, or at least materialized in a far different and perhaps far later matter than it did if not for the increasing failures of inter-Church-monarchical relations.

I wouldn't invest in facebook. It hasn't had the opening everyone was expecting. And they still haven't figured out how to extract the kind of revenue from it that justifies the valuation. Unlike google before their IPO. Still in the medium term the shares may trade higher over time as those who daily use the site, grab some for their portfolio, next time the think about investing in something.

As someone stated, these social networks are a transient thing. Sure facebook has been a fixture for a while. But apparently usage is dropping amongst UK and US members. Probably as people get over their initial exuberance and go, 'what the fuck am i doing with my time', or find other places to waste similar amounts of their and their bosses time.

dammit i should never voice my opinion on the internets

I am sorry WATMM

Sorry it wasn't personal, I've had that image saved for over a year and was looking for the right moment to use it.

I am sorry WATMM

Sorry it wasn't personal, I've had that image saved for over a year and was looking for the right moment to use it.

well it had its intended effect. Im done with this shite.

I am sorry WATMM

well it had its intended effect. Im done with this shite.

Ah, sorry mate! I just want to be loved. th_suicide.gif

Don't give in smetty. But once you've made your point don't labour it. If they don't get it on the first round, it'll either filter into their mind at a later date (and they'll think that they thought of it (which is the best kind of propaganda)). Or they'll never come across. OR they really don't give a shit and are just trolling you.

So which ever it is. who cares about facebook. They made heaps of sucker cash. yay. good for them.

as long as zuckerberg sells a few 100 million in shares now, he won't care if it crashes in the end. That's the investors problem, he doesn't owe them anything. He has stated that he doesn't mind if it all goes away, in the past. I actually don't mind his whole attitude to this aspect of the thing.

On the other hand the fact that my setting changes keep getting ignored and that i have to continually face a news stream, filled with user's likes and comments to other accounts. Why let me choose not to see it, if you then ignore this setting. You useless cuntbags.

I also, don't like how he thinks that we should have no privacy. Which might be engendered by some personal ideology about everyone including governments having complete transparency. But i would bet that over time, he has come to enjoy his personal private spaces. And is only interested in knowing what we are doing because his lawyers say that it makes them money.

Guest Gary C

Nice article. Pretty doomy, quickly flipping between a paragraph of hope and despair.

Facebook could get itself into a narrow corner but soon enough they'll put advertising on their mobile app and get into China, and it'll be flying again.

Archived