IGNORED

Stereotype - Multiple unplayed copies

Guest hardy

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone,

Firstly, thanks for all the PMs. All of you have done yourself a favour by putting your names forward.

The white elephant in the room is price. Some of you have put forward offers, some have opted not to. I will see what my eBay tester goes for and use the PMs to set a price in a few days time.

Hardy x

Hi Hardy,

I'm sure you've noticed our mini-discussion here. As you know a "Hardy" is referenced in a number of song titles by Tom. Given that your Mom helped finance one of Tom's earliest records, it doesn't seem unreasonable that maybe you're the same "Hardy" he was referencing.

Any thoughts on that?

Also thanks again for this great opportunity. Can't wait to (hopefully) get my hands on a copy!

Cheers,

SG

Unless his username is a reference to the Aphex/Squarepusher collab - otherwise, the name of that track comes from a store in the UK.

Hi everyone,

Firstly, thanks for all the PMs. All of you have done yourself a favour by putting your names forward.

The white elephant in the room is price. Some of you have put forward offers, some have opted not to. I will see what my eBay tester goes for and use the PMs to set a price in a few days time.

Hardy x

Hi Hardy,

I'm sure you've noticed our mini-discussion here. As you know a "Hardy" is referenced in a number of song titles by Tom. Given that your Mom helped finance one of Tom's earliest records, it doesn't seem unreasonable that maybe you're the same "Hardy" he was referencing.

Any thoughts on that?

Also thanks again for this great opportunity. Can't wait to (hopefully) get my hands on a copy!

Cheers,

SG

Unless his username is a reference to the Aphex/Squarepusher collab - otherwise, the name of that track comes from a store in the UK.

Interesting. I just thought it was strange cause of the timing of the stereotype release and Pam's part in getting the piece released. Thanks for the info!

I just want to get two, one to leave all sealed up and the other to play!

You're denying someone else the opportunity to enjoy this music in order to boost your ego. That's rude and stupid.

You've no right to judge him just because he wants two copies, for the reasons he stated. That's rude and stupid.

You're denying someone else the opportunity to enjoy this music in order to boost your ego. That's rude and stupid.

There are copies available from discogs and other places online, there are digital copies, and other sellers as well.

And how would that be "to boost my ego", are you impaired somehow?

Also, go fuck yourself with your judgemental shit.

No need to stoop to his level on this - he's in the wrong.

No need to stoop to his level on this - he's in the wrong.

You're right, sorry to contribute to a slight degradation in this thread.

I'm stoked for this opportunity though! :emotawesomepm9:

The minimum, median and maximum price this gets sold for on Discogs is $30, $38, and $50 USD respectively. I did see one get sold for $100 outside of Discogs once tho.

Just so you know, none of them were ever "sealed" in plastic. They just come in those thin cardstock sleeve jacket things.

Hardy was around long before that WAP100 track, but he is not older than the UK shoe store, and I've got no idea if this is a common name or nickname in the UK so anyway... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freeman,_Hardy_and_Willis

The minimum, median and maximum price this gets sold for on Discogs is $30, $38, and $50 USD respectively. I did see one get sold for $100 outside of Discogs once tho.

Just so you know, none of them were ever "sealed" in plastic. They just come in those thin cardstock sleeve jacket things.

Hardy was around long before that WAP100 track, but he is not older than the UK shoe store, and I've got no idea if this is a common name or nickname in the UK so anyway... http://en.wikipedia....ardy_and_Willis

I didn't know that, thanks man.

For some reason I figured it'd be sealed, if even by a sticker or something.

=P.

I still think theres a relation between this man hardy and the Hardy referenced in Toms tunes, considering his mom helped finance or otherwise get released one of his first releases etc. That's in my own little world though.

this

this

Edit: not worth my time.

Not being a cunt Stephen, but if you want a copy to lie on a shelf, I dont think thats cool. Especially in reference to a release that people really want.

Fair enough. I just think that since there are copies for sale right now from 6 different places, that the current supply exceeds the current demand.

I figure if these people want it so bad they would just buy it right now this very second from: edit removed places its for sale. Don't want to get in the way of Hardy's business.

Why is me wanting 2 copies such faux pas when there are copies lying around waiting to be bought that noone gives two squirts of piss about?

Anyways I'll just buy one copy and everyone can be happy again.

Ive not seen any for sale that weren't outrageous prices. Which I cant pay anyway.

I found a couple, 3 couples actually. Google is our friend. =)

All good though, I'll just buy the one. Everyone back to happy :emotawesomepm9:

Why is me wanting 2 copies such faux pas when there are copies lying around waiting to be bought that noone gives two squirts of piss about?

Fuck that shit. Dude you buy how ever many copies you want of what ever you want! If you want to eat your steak off of a Stereotype EP because you have 5 of them and want to use one as a plate, YOU DO THAT SHIT! That is the privilege that you have earned in your position in life if you can afford them or have the means to find multiple cheap copies. Don't let a single person make you feel bad about it. I once had three Stereotypes and five Hangable Auto Bulbs, and anybody who wants to tell me that, that's poor form can fuck off. I used to use them as bargaining chips to trade for expensive things I wanted, but if i choose to let them collect a pile of dust then that's cool too.

Fuck that shit. Dude you buy how ever many copies you want of what ever you want! If you want to eat your steak off of a Stereotype EP because you have 5 of them and want to use one as a plate, YOU DO THAT SHIT! That is the privilege that you have earned in your position in life if you can afford them or have the means to find multiple cheap copies. Don't let a single person make you feel bad about it. I once had three Stereotypes and five Hangable Auto Bulbs, and anybody who wants to tell me that, that's poor form can fuck off. I used to use them as bargaining chips to trade for expensive things I wanted, but if i choose to let them collect a pile of dust then that's cool too.

cant tell if sarcastic or serious... lol

Cheers either way. =) :beer:

Guest hardy

Hi there,

What an excellent thread! Reminds me of why I should get out more!!

Thanks to all who have PM'd me. Looks like there is enough interest to sell out, which is great news as far as eating this month goes!

I have not replied to all PMs, but will do over the weekend once the eBay disc goes.

Ps whilst I am hardy as in toast for hardy, I don't know if I'm hardy as in freeman hardy willis acid!

Archived