IGNORED

Recommend me a player to replace itunes

Guest ruiagnelo

how's the converter compared with dbpoweramp?

Technically they should be the same, I think (think) they use the same flac.dll and lame.dll for encoding so in effect it's just a different front end for the same conversion. If you're at all worried you could probably just copy those 2 dll's from dbpoweramp to foobar but you should be grand. It's what I use for all my conversion anyway (I also used dbpoweramp for all encoding)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Winamp Lite.

Haven't used another player for years. I did use Itunes just because I once had an Ipod, but I never, ever played music on my computer with it.

Winamp hasn't given me any problems. Have very good organization, nice GUI customization, Drag and Drop, and right click editing of tracks.

how's the converter compared with dbpoweramp?

Technically they should be the same, I think (think) they use the same flac.dll and lame.dll for encoding so in effect it's just a different front end for the same conversion. If you're at all worried you could probably just copy those 2 dll's from dbpoweramp to foobar but you should be grand. It's what I use for all my conversion anyway (I also used dbpoweramp for all encoding)

Foobar is pre-configured to use lame.exe and flac.exe (see here), so long as you've downloaded the latest version of each you should be all set. It also does secure ripping of CDs.

Guest futuregirlfriend

Doesn't look great but it's very functional. Everything I could ever want to do is usually just a context menu away. Couldn't go back to winamp now.

foo1.jpg

foo2.jpg

yowza mcbowza

some fileops i use - you should be able to figure out how to use these while ripping/converting too WHAT A TIME SAVER!

theme, should you want it t'fuck about with

the one and only thing i miss about windoze is foobar 2000. im content with itunes it does the job.. but i had some special times with foobar 2000

one thing i've never liked about itunes is when you just want to listen to one mp3 and it gets added to your library. instant clutter.

iTunes tends to not repeat songs on last.fm whenever I want to repeat songs. That was a real problem to me. I almost can't even remember using iTunes to scrobble on last.fm because I've been using Winamp for such a long time now.

I personally turned away from it was a system hog back on my old underpowered lappy. So I found something much lighter and have just stuck with it over the years...

Guest ruiagnelo

Could anybody explain to me why everybody despises WMP?

Nobody then.

Not all that surprising.

lol

worst interface ever, ugly, boring... microsoft

"Microsoft" is not a reason.

I don't see what's so horrendous about the interface. But each to their own.

Boring? What does that even mean?

Basically, anti-Microsoft bias. Old versions were system hoggish yeah, but currently it does the job well. I just don't get the hate.

WMP couldn't play any exotic files, the interface was a mess and all around just a bad program, especially when there were programs doing the same things better and leaner already out. There was no reason to use WMP then and neve looked back. Nothing to do with Microsoft hate.

Fair play if you play FLAC files. That's the only downside to WMP for me. Ah well, I'm no defender of MS or anything, it just seems like most of the time people hate it because of the name, which is daft.

Guest ruiagnelo

i don't hate microsoft or wmp.

i have always had microsoft os' running on my computers.

wmp is fine, like azazoth said, there are plenty of better, open source, programs out there, doing much much more

I have nothing against wmp. it's usable, but microsoft-y

Itunes is the biggest smear of software shit i've ever seen. I hate it.

I have infranview as my defualt file viewer, it's not flashy but it works.

but microsoft-y

You must explain this comment. I mean I work in IT, primarily with Microsoft products and I still don't know what this means!

Guest zaphod

i use itunes. my laptop runs it fine. i have foobar installed but it's ugly and i don't like using it with my ipod. lastfm has always worked fine with itunes for me. maybe you guys just have shitty computers?

iTunes always has the audience of, "iTunes is complete shit", and "iTunes is amazing, I don't know what you guys are talking about", all around the internet.

Archived