IGNORED

The Ku Klux Klan want to adopt a little baby girl highway!

oyster

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/11/us/georgia-kkk-highway/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

See, this is why you shouldn't make assumptions or pre-judge people without taking a closer look. You probably thought the KKK were like a hate group or something (and I actually did too! I admit it.) but it turns out they're just some proud white folk who only want to make the world a nicer, cleaner place for all of us. They don't even have a problem with minorities, they just want them kept a comfortably safe distance. Let's hear it for these misunderstood fellas and gals.

In all seriousness, this article is actually really confusing to me. Since when did the KKK even start trying to convince people they aren't racists? Ain't that not like their whole fucking scene? I really hope I don't get tracked down and shot for this thread though... I'm white!!

In all seriousness, this article is actually really confusing to me. Since when did the KKK even start trying to convince people they aren't racists? Ain't that not like their whole fucking scene? I really hope I don't get tracked down and shot for this thread though... I'm white!!

There's always been a trend of "we don't hate we just believe in races being separate" nonsense since the 60s when they became increasingly marginalized. In fact, black supremacists are just as assertive in this regard with their rhetoric. That explains this peculiar non-hoax picture in 1961...

47309-this-shot-is-from-a-malcolm-x-speech-which-arnold-was-covering-for-time-in-the-front-row-sat-george-lincoln-rockwell-the-head-of-the-american-nazi-party-who-apparently-had-a-plan-with-the-black-muslim-party-to-divide-america-between-themselves.jpg

Still, in privacy (or while intoxicated) I bet most are still fucking hateful full-on bigots.There are white supremacists everywhere but the rural South is still pretty scary in areas. There were always be people of any background wary of other cultures, globalization, and indulge in often naive and ignorant viewpoints about the state of society in their eyes. But yeah, here in America I can't help but say Confederate Battle Flags, militia membership, fundamental conservative Christianity, etc. are just a few steps from KKK or neo-Nazi membership. Usually the former are the ones who want to have 9-5 jobs and quasi-acceptance from peers.

47309-this-shot-is-from-a-malcolm-x-speech-which-arnold-was-covering-for-time-in-the-front-row-sat-george-lincoln-rockwell-the-head-of-the-american-nazi-party-who-apparently-had-a-plan-with-the-black-muslim-party-to-divide-america-between-themselves.jpg

lol. 3 white guys protecting a bunch of black people from the Jews.

Guest Brian Sweeney Fitzgerald

There's always been a trend of "we don't hate we just believe in races being separate" nonsense since the 60s when they became increasingly marginalized. In fact, black supremacists are just as assertive in this regard with their rhetoric. That explains this peculiar non-hoax picture in 1961...

Still, in privacy (or while intoxicated) I bet most are still fucking hateful full-on bigots.There are white supremacists everywhere but the rural South is still pretty scary in areas. There were always be people of any background wary of other cultures, globalization, and indulge in often naive and ignorant viewpoints about the state of society in their eyes. But yeah, here in America I can't help but say Confederate Battle Flags, militia membership, fundamental conservative Christianity, etc. are just a few steps from KKK or neo-Nazi membership. Usually the former are the ones who want to have 9-5 jobs and quasi-acceptance from peers.

Have you ever come across Daryl Davis by any chance? If not he's a black musician who researched race relations as a hobby that ended up befriending members of the Klan and wrote a book regarding his experiences. His stuff is pretty fascinating, he goes into great depth explaining what type of people join them and why, as well as the reasons behind publicity stunts like the one listed in the OP. There's

on Youtube, plus he also recently did an excellent AMA on Reddit that's seriously worth checking out.

lol. 3 white guys protecting a bunch of black people from the Jews.

rlol, followed by sad realization that this is kinda true. I swear, regardless of the ethnic, religious, or nationalist identity of any antisemitic group, they can all agree to be antisemitic.

Have you ever come across Daryl Davis by any chance? If not he's a black musician who researched race relations as a hobby that ended up befriending members of the Klan and wrote a book regarding his experiences. His stuff is pretty fascinating, he goes into great depth explaining what type of people join them and why, as well as the reasons behind publicity stunts like the one listed in the OP. There's

on Youtube, plus he also recently did an excellent AMA on Reddit that's seriously worth checking out.

Reading the reddit page now. Fascinating stuff!

Let em do it.

I do think they should be allowed to do it.

I'm in agreement here. Just as long as fucking clean it up. Yet I also have a strange feeling if it goes through Latino day laborers would be contracted by the KKK...

"We're not racists," Chambers said Monday. "We just want to be with white people."

Sounds a bit like the BNP + EDL over here.

No, of course you aren't racist :facepalm:

I adopted a highway. The M6 toll road towards Crewe. I send two quid a month for aid and every few months I get a package sent to me with thanks for my donations and a photograph of how the road is getting along.

It just helps me sleep better at night.

The application, which would allow the white supremacy group to receive state recognition for cleaning up a one-mile portion of a highway, was filed by the International Keystone Knights of the KKK on May 21.

2151_w240.jpgpastlife-knights-trans.gif

fucking hell I hate this shit for the exact reasons Joshuatx mentioned above.

But at the same time Im conflicted in regards to their rights...if anything the fact that this met with little resistance probably suggests that the community itself is somewhat sympathetic to the KKK.

edit: double checked the article....yup, Georgia. That explains it folks.

We have so many hicks here with Confederate flags (actual, full-sized flags flying) on their trucks, stickers, patches on their jackets etc.

It's goddamn Oregon - it's not like this was part of the Confederacy!

Makes me proud to be a race mixer.

Archived