IGNORED

[WARPbot] Clark: Iradelphic Sessions 2 - free MP3 download ahead of Bloc 2012

Joyrex

Following the giveaway of 'As The Circle Closes' last month, Clark presents the second new track in a series of free downloads known as Iradelphic Sessions. The free download coincides with the run up to Bloc 2012 next weekend, and will only be available until July 13th.

More on Warp.net

Clark / Iradelphic Sessions 2 - free MP3 download ahead of Bloc 2012

Warp - Records - Clark - Iradelphic Sessions 2 - free MP3 download ahead of Bloc 2012
Connect with Warp, subscribe to the Mailing List and explore more RSS feeds here

View the full article

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

MFB Shank is not my favorite cut in the world, it's interestng I suppose from a production stand point, kinda strange but the lack of melody is not appealing to me at all.

As The Circle Closes is massively more enjoyable than this.

There are some really great tracks on Iradelphic, I think it was really close to being a really incredible album, just barely fell short of that. I don't know how some of all are so dissapointed by it. I mean fuck, if you compare his catalogue to say Tom Jenkinson I would say Clarks roster of albums is much more consistently enjoyable..

MFB Shank is not my favorite cut in the world, it's interestng I suppose from a production stand point, kinda strange but the lack of melody is not appealing to me at all.

As The Circle Closes is massively more enjoyable than this.

There are some really great tracks on Iradelphic, I think it was really close to being a really incredible album, just barely fell short of that. I don't know how some of all are so dissapointed by it. I mean fuck, if you compare his catalogue to say Tom Jenkinson I would say Clarks roster of albums is much more consistently enjoyable..

I think you are right on the main thing here of expectation and how our perception changes in time. Going from Totems to this is a definite change. I noted during my first impression that the first half of Iradelphic is pretty great, but it kind of goes downhill. I think this is because of some pacing problems but also because Clark's heavier sounds is more familiar to us. His unique sonic palette is a bit addicting, so naturally the progression from boc/clark beats to something more ominous during Iradelphic is jarring. But in time when we look back at a larger discography, with 4-5 albums beyond this, it might be something much more remarkable in that context. We just want more than we can have in the present.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Archived