IGNORED

Keith Fullerton Whitman - Occlusions

Guest primusluta

Guest primusluta

DEMEGO026-350x350.jpg

http://editionsmego....ease/DeMEGO 026

Occlusion is a loose framework for a multi-channel, freely improvised piece of LIVE ELECTRONIC MUSIC, performed without the aid or consent of pre-recorded or even pre-arranged materials of any kind.

A given realization will last between 10 and 30 minutes ; time is elastic. Every effort has been made to avoid divisible rhythms (although mistakes are occasionally made) ... Still, I consider it a \"kind\" of Dance Music.

These two realizations, recorded a week apart at festivals in France and The Netherlands during February 2012, capture the piece (much like those on the Generators LP) in two entirely different iterations, in states of (A) a mildly inebriated bliss & (B) an arbitrarily triggered blind rage. Both recordings were made at 24-bit, 96khz through the absolute cheapest means available to the consumer to do so. They sound fantastic.

Occlusions is a companion piece to Generators in that they share the same tool-set ... however, it is the FREE JAZZ yang to Generator's MINIMALIST yin. It is not recommended to those seeking meter, melody, cleanliness, or a clearly outlined organizational sense.

This has become my favorite release so far this year.

i like whitman. watched him on the video recently and he seems like a good lad. i enjoyed his beard hairs. his music is quite good. i'm liking this release but i've the feeling his best is yet to come

These two realizations, recorded a week apart at festivals in France and The Netherlands during February 2012, capture the piece (much like those on the Generators LP) in two entirely different iterations, in states of (A) a mildly inebriated bliss & (B) an arbitrarily triggered blind rage.

lol, pix pls

Guest Wall Bird

Got to see him do a modular set a week and a half ago. He's a virtuoso, for sure, and exceptionally nice and patient. If anyone's in Boston is interested he's doing a Hrvatski set at Good Life in a month, which is absolutely worth checking out. A few more in the city, as well. They're all listed on his site.

Archived