IGNORED

summer beers

BCM

Green Flash is a ridiculously consistent brewery. I need to drive down to San Diego and spend a weekend @ GF, Stone, and Ale Smith. Maybe I should just move to San Diego, see if the breweries need one of those...law-talking... guys.

I visited Stone once and has a blast, their beer garden is a little slice of heaven. I wish I'd had time to check out Green Flash too. Hopefully I can make it out there again when I'm back in the south side of the state.

Their double stout is also insanely tasty.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've yet to have a Magic Hat beer I was impressed with. They're not bad, but have all been pretty meh.

agreed.

that's how i felt until i had elder betty given to me by a friend... give it a try i'm sure you won't regret it

kdAEb.jpg

A tart, subtly sweet Berliner weissbier which is actually the same type as Magic Hat's Elder Betty. Haven't tried that one, but Festina Peche has got to be one of the best beers to have on a hot day. If it wasn't so pricy, It'd be my go-to brew in these sweltering times.

Guest uptown devil

^^ bought a four-pack of that last week, so tasty. it's a shame it's not available year round. it's especially delicious on draft.

Damn you bastards flaunting your DFH beers... They're in the process of expanding. I can only hope they'll be coming to KS soon. I've heard good things about their collab with Deltron, "Positive Contact".

I'm gonna go ahead and be the asshole who says that Dogfish Head beer is overrated. It doesn't suck, but I find it quite gimmicky and not as quality as all the great other competition out there. Although I'd never deny the greatness of 60 & 90 min IPA!

I'm gonna go ahead and be the asshole who says that Dogfish Head beer is overrated. It doesn't suck, but I find it quite gimmicky and not as quality as all the great other competition out there. Although I'd never deny the greatness of 60 & 90 min IPA!

they're kinda hit or miss, but their hits are really good! My favorite is Midas Touch, and 90 min is delicious. Palo Santo Marron I can't get into, too sweet and heavy.

edit - the 60/90/120 min. are a little overrated too IMO. Definitely good IPAs but nowhere near the best. The hops have kind of a sickly-sweet richness in them, which makes it harder for me to stomach than other crafty IPAs.

I have a Stone-Victory-DFH Saison du BUFF collaboration sitting at home to try tonight. I am excite.

Awesome! I had that, and it was quite good. Stone's beers in particular are sold at an amazing price for the quality. (Although I think some of theirs are misses, too. But their straight up Russian Imperial Stout is one of the best I've ever had, second only to Firestone Walker Parabola.)

Guest Mirezzi

I feel 100% the same way.

By the way, this is a beauty:

Lagunitas-PILS.jpg

My favorite Lagunitas offering by far.

Guest Brian Sweeney Fitzgerald

Just started recovering from a shitty summer cold and finally got my sense of taste back, so I've been helping myself to a couple of these from the brewery down the road. Perfect summer beer for me, light, citrusy and tastes sharper when it's chilled. Unlike most of the local breweries around here, it seems as though this brewery can do no wrong.

6761690945_c743330a2b_z.jpg

had some sorta tart fruity ale on tap the other day, was like drinking alcoholic white grape juice...i liked it

PS 90min is best. Haters gonna hate.

I admire DFH's quirkiness. They miss frequently, but at least they're trying to do something different. Plus, in saying fuck you to the Reinheitsgebot, they're taking a stand against creepy German ideas about purity, and we all know[THREAD GODWINNED]. :cisfor:

I admire DFH's quirkiness. They miss frequently, but at least they're trying to do something different. Plus, in saying fuck you to the Reinheitsgebot, they're taking a stand against creepy German ideas about purity, and we all know[THREAD GODWINNED]. :cisfor:

Those laws came about to keep the price of bread/food low, not really out of any ideas about purity. There are tons of beers that don't follow reinheitsgebot, any fruit beers, spiced beers, etc. Nothing against DFH (only had one of their beers cause they don't distribute here) but they weren't the first.

Archived