IGNORED

Things people write on Facebook

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oklahoma is such a backwards seething shithole that it really isn't even worth thinking about.

One of my biggest fears about traveling is ending up in a place with insane laws and then ending up in prison for the rest of my life or worse (a semi-recent reading of William Gibson's essay "Disneyland with the Death Penalty" helped stoke this fear).

I don't love or even particularly like LA but at least around here I can wander the streets in a pink speedo whilst defecating on a copy of your preferred sacred text, as nature intended, without being looked at funny just because my name is Jorge

But seriously LA is also awful. It's built on a mountain of coke and is run through by a river of acrid diarrhea, so it's awfulness is pretty obvious. I don't know what OK's excuse is.

Alternate, probably funnier response: So did I!

Sounds like the angels are trying to play a numbers game, by the look of it.

The angels should also double check for proper grammar and fragmented sentences.

"Na een dagje veel gedaan te hebben voor school om van alles af te krijgen voor me opleiding. Een super gezellig avondje gehad met Tim & Jasper.!!

#Was toe aan z'n avondje, alles even loslaten en lekker lol maken yeahh.!"

I know only a few WATMMers are Dutch, but there are some errors in this. Actually in pretty much everything the girl writes.

I'll try to translate it to English with the errors.

"After a day of doing a lot for school to get things done for me education. Had a super fun evening with Tim & Jasper.!!

#Needed a evening like this, letting everything go and have fun yeahh.!"

First, 'me opleiding' should be 'm'n opleiding' or 'mijn opleiding'. ['me' instead of 'my']

Second, how is that a sentence, she going for something but ends it with a period instead of using a comma.

Third, "#", why?

Fourth, 'z'n' should be 'zo'n' ['a' instead of 'an' [in my English translation]

Fifth, '.!', you cannot use a period and an exclamation point at the end of a sentence.

Sixth, the girl clearly doesn't know how to use comma's, 'lol maken yeahh' ['fun yeahh'].

Seventh, 'hh', why do people like to use double consonants?

Second, how is that a sentence, she going for something but ends it with a period instead of using a comma.

you realize the irony in this sentence, right? you also called her out for 'not knowing how to use commas' and in the same sentence misused an apostrophe.

it's cool if english isn't your first language, but it doesn't do you any favors for critiquing grammar.

Archived