IGNORED

Masked gunman kills 14 at Batman premiere in Denver

spratters

Material Girl, Like a Virgin, Papa Don't Preach, True Blue, Like a Prayer, Cherish, Ray of Light, Frozen.

/gay

I won't listen to Madonna out of choice, but I probably wouldn't turn any of those songs off.

Fixed to suit my own opinion/tastes...

well, she did pull out a gun on stage after the shootings, to be all "provocative" and "edgy" and "stuff"

and she needed her arms to do that

it's not so far off-topic see

Batman -> Guns -> Madonna -> Arms -> Heroin(e)

Let's see where we can go next...

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i don't mean this as an attempt at a joke, and sorry if this has already been mentioned but why if he called himself the Joker and was apparently such a batman fan did he die his hair orange (not green)? I'm just surprised someone who put in so much effort pre planning it would make such an obvious mistake with the hair

Maybe he is color blind.

Guest Roksen Creek

i don't mean this as an attempt at a joke, and sorry if this has already been mentioned but why if he called himself the Joker and was apparently such a batman fan did he die his hair orange (not green)? I'm just surprised someone who put in so much effort pre planning it would make such an obvious mistake with the hair

Maybe he is color blind.

Maybe he got the joker mixed up with Ronald McDonald.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Gary C

Maybe they've finally realised that glorifying such despicable acts with news coverage and mindless speculation is exactly the wrong thing to do.

By all means, get the facts of the attack out. But there's nothing to be gained in creating a persona for him.

From what I've read, he had a second court-date which wasn't televised.

Guest Iain C

Listen, Madonna's alright for what she is - a very media savvy pop singer - but Iggy is just cooler. He always has been and always will be, even now that he's an insurance salesman.

Oh and I really hope noone's made this joke yet but this...

madonna is just a whore.

...is a complex issue.

Thanks I'm here all week.

Maybe they've finally realised that glorifying such despicable acts with news coverage and mindless speculation is exactly the wrong thing to do.

By all means, get the facts of the attack out. But there's nothing to be gained in creating a persona for him.

From what I've read, he had a second court-date which wasn't televised.

It wouldn't be mindless if they released the facts. And I want to know them. I don't give a fuck if it's glorified, that's not my problem.

• 4 months later...

so, absolutely no information released about this case

I guess that would be too "disrespectful" to the victims

SCOFF

more like it would help people understand what the fuck happened

and understand psychology so we can prevent this stuff from happening

but OK. the media is incapable of doing anything that deep or meaningful right

because that would require just ONE little step through "JAMES HOLMES: THE MYSTERY MAN THAT WE ALL ARE OBSESSED WITH AND WILL GLORIFY" to "JAMES HOLMES: THE PROBABLY HALF-NORMAL KID WITH MENTAL ILLNESS GONE TERRIBLY WRONG IN A EQUALLY TERRIBLE SOCIETY THAT DOESN'T KNOW WHAT THE FUCK IT'S DOING"

so yeah

<3 America, <3 Human Beings, <3 the media, <3 the present cultural situation! you go girl!

Hasn't the guy been bashing his head against a wall 'til he passes out? Sounds like mental issues to me.

I read somewhere that he thought he was meeting someone at the theatre, and that he didn't realise he had gone there to kill people until afterwards. But that might have been some hypnotic conspiracy theory I fell upon.

SCOFF

because that would require just ONE little step through "JAMES HOLMES: THE MYSTERY MAN THAT WE ALL ARE OBSESSED WITH AND WILL GLORIFY" to "JAMES HOLMES: THE PROBABLY HALF-NORMAL KID WITH MENTAL ILLNESS GONE TERRIBLY WRONG IN A EQUALLY TERRIBLE SOCIETY THAT DOESN'T KNOW WHAT THE FUCK IT'S DOING"

so yeah

<3 America, <3 Human Beings, <3 the media, <3 the present cultural situation! you go girl!

Fuck's sake man, be prurient if you must but don't dress it up with all this "but we must UNDERSTAND!" atheist bullshit

SCOFF

so yeah

Fuck's sake man, be prurient if you must but don't dress it up with all this "but we must UNDERSTAND!" atheist bullshit

wat does atheism to do?

Guest RandySicko

SCOFF

so yeah

wat does atheism to do?

nourishes narrow minds

LOL, what the fuck? How about you don't dress up your one-liner comebacks with irrelevant charges of impiety against the GODS!! There must be blood for that guy's atheism! UNBELIEVER! UNBELIEVER! Ha ha.

Before I got to that weird Salem moment in your post, I was on board with your criticism, though. The media definitely is no good, but these are not the reasons to label the media as no-good. Let's be honest: the only reason why we might want to hear more about this kid is because we are curious about these kinds of aberrant cases. But it's not a curiosity that is nearly as important as the curiosity that we should have about the powerful institutions that run this country and the back-room deals that they make to get what they want. Now THAT'S the sort of thing the media should be helping us with, but they don't. On a related note, I watched that movie "All the President's Men", and I was struck by two important differences between people now and people in the seventies: I thought (a) "Man, people put up with way more boring shit for their movies back then (I mean, Bob Woodward as the main protagonist!?)" and (b) "Man, the media really had their shit together. That thing that Colbert said at the White House Correspondents' Dinner about that intrepid reporter's doing real investigative journalism is mere fiction is RIGHT!" Then I thought, "Man, this is too many thoughts on the same subject at the same time; I really should watch some stupid shit about cats who can't spell and eat some more doritos". Just kidding, LOL. I totally don't weep for the future of this world. WHAT THE FUCK.

SCOFF

so yeah

wat does atheism to do?

nourishes narrow minds

Fuckin LOL this again

Archived