IGNORED

Crowe to direct film about Bill Hicks

roasty

They could pull it off, just about. I don't reckon he'll play Hicks though. There was a rumour round 2008 that Crowe would play Hicks in a Coen brothers adaptation that never materialized..Edit: unsure if it's the same script, but it seems like it

Who could play him and do his story justice?

Really.

I kinda hate it when Hollywood tries to reflect a larger-than-life personality through mediocre script and casting choices.

Did we all forget Man on the Moon already? That was the same guy who directed Amadeus.

Shit won't work.

Crowe couldn't be the lead actor. He has no comedic sense. As for dicrecting, vanity pic. It would fail.

But, the content is many, and if he accepts advice from the learned. It could work. But acting in it as the lead is out of the picture. Sure he has the same forehead, but a forehead maketh not a convincing portrayal.

And as we pan down the rabbitohs guernsey becomes apparent.

Russell+Crowe+Tops+Polo+Shirt+InycEeWl9cll.jpg

Above is an actual image of russell motivating his troops to lose. (he is part owner of the rugby league team)

But, the content is many, and if he accepts advice from the learned. It could work.

Would anyone be brave enough to offer him any real criticism/advice though, lest they receive an angry phone to the face?

another actor pet project biopic that has been in hollywood production hell along with Paul Giamati's PKD 'owl in dayligt' film. Even doing an Andy Kaufman movie was a risk from a financial perspective, i think even less people know about Hicks.

yeah I know he is old, almost got to ask him if he would ever want to play Hicks in a film at question and answer I was at with Spacey talking about American Beauty. I felt it was too obscure to ask, so I didn't.

Archived