IGNORED

Tribute to Incomplete Skyscrapers Released

Root5

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ha. This is a great comp guys! Thanks for putting this together Root5 & great mastering Sir Nova ..

My favorites:

Sweguno

Mr. Rogue

Krtek

Zephyr Nova

Cubus

I don't see you guys very much in YLC, what's up with that?

Maybe next year we can do a Tribute to Being Disappointed This Release Isn't on 3 1/4 Inch Floppy

Or.. A tribute to 3 1/4 inch floppies—an entire compilation in under 1.44mb..

ChestHeir is myself and my brother

Much enjoyed yr track man! Really nice.

Chestheir though!?. How did that come about?

Thanks homie :) We are known amoung our friends for our chest hair (same with our dad) so just played with the words a bit.

Brilliant album... was able to snag it before my plane ride yesterday and gave it two listens. That opening track is brilliant... really sets the mood for the entire thing.

Thanks goffer! I made it short so it would sound more 'Incomplete', and although it is the shortest track on the comp it ended up lending itself very well as an opener! I love how the volume swell at the end of mine flows right into the driving percussion of Pselodux's track!

Your ChestHeir track is wonderful! Keep it up!

... My personal favorite is Cryptowan's...

Sorry, the name on the comp is Owen Gilbride for anyone wondering. I think Cryptowen's his usename here... hopefully I didn't just pull that out of thin air.

Yup das me. Still haven't commited to using any sort of a fancy music alias

Glad you like the track! The sounds on that one were made entirely with a ukulele, a tape recorder, & a delay pedal

Also I've only listened to the whole thing once so I'll hold off making track comments just yet. I will say I do find it interesting how these things end up having a cohesive sound, like the Tesla comp last year had a lot of old european classical sounding melodies I thought, & now this one has a lot of sparse tracks with really sharp angular percussion

This is one of my favorite tracks as well! Reminds of a SNES RPG music (a theme that plays in the town where the Protagonist grows up). I am walking along a river and catch a fish with the rod I found at my Grandma's house. The fish tells me a story about how the outside world has been wrought asunder by an evil force emanating from the King's Palace. I must first acquire an ancient staff from the Village elder and then set out killing wildlife for EXP!

Guest cult fiction

Have had a chance to listen through twice now.

Every track is excellent in its own way, but the standouts for me are:

Ascdi - Panes II, playful and amazing production

Owen Gilbride/Cryptowen - Suburban Developments, probably my favorite track, absolutely nails an atmosphere

Entogora - Last TPiece, just epic

Big thanks to Root5, Zephyr Nova, and slightlydrybeans for putting this together...

That cubus track is really good. Normally I wouldn't like microphone handling noise but it's quite charming and atmospheric in this tune. The same goes for the police sirens. Mcbpete, is the police siren from that recording you made by accident that you once told us about?

Cheers man, yeah originally I had it without the mic handling noise but after a slip of the mouse and accidentally adding it again I actually preferred the way the field recording fitted in to the rest of the track. Ah no the police sample was actually present where I made the field recording (the co-ordinates of the track name, made specifically for this track - I won't tell you exactly how I managed to get my field recorder there :wink: ), central London is pretty much 24/7 police sirens so it's quite difficult to record anything there without hearing one. The accidental police sample that you mentioned was on the opening of our last album.

Cheers man, yeah originally I had it without the mic handling noise but after a slip of the mouse and accidentally adding it again I actually preferred the way the field recording fitted in to the rest of the track. Ah no the police sample was actually present where I made the field recording (the co-ordinates of the track name, made specifically for this track - I won't tell you exactly how I managed to get my field recorder there :wink: ), central London is pretty much 24/7 police sirens so it's quite difficult to record anything there without hearing one. The accidental police sample that you mentioned was on the opening of our last album.

Awesome!!

Guest viscosity

Some great tracks on here!

Mr. Rogue is chill, sinister downtempo. that sample is great also

Swegüno and Owen Gilbride are a nice bit boccy

angular, frantic tracks like Entogora are great too

good work watmm.

I'm a bit fan of Face Culler - Structural Analysis. The melody is very playful, but I mainly like it because of the drums. The scattered percussion is a very interesting take on the theme. I love how it keeps the beat and keeps driving forward, and at the same time seems haphazardly splattered in the track. The different drum parts seem to not line up perfectly.

Wow! I just listened to some previews of your album mcbpete. It sounds glorious! Will buy very soon!

Cubus is a neat band because their albums are like a dense fog of uninterrupted reverb, field recordings, & drones into which occasionally drift patches of discernible dialogue or IDM or somebody casually picking away at some instrument. Actually that reminds me I should play Don Spaghet on my radio show next Saturday

Anyway Root5 I can't speak for everyone in regards to the currently low downloads but I know I tend to be lazy & just stream things off the bandcamp page, will probly download it proper soon

Also has anyone tried submitting this to those popular music blogs? I think someone did that for the Tesla comp last year which netted it some earballs

Also has anyone tried submitting this to those popular music blogs? I think someone did that for the Tesla comp last year which netted it some earballs

That sounds like a good idea. What music blogs should we be submitting to?

Oh, and this should probably get spammed a bit on reddit. Maybe I'll do that in the next couple of days.

Guest fondles the cat

enjoyed this so much i downloaded it and then stalked all the artists involved on discogs

Lovely stuff fellas. Felt that Cubus, Mr.Rogue, Zephyr Nova and Krtek's tracks are rather effective at evoking the theme's imagery!

The intro is superb.

Archived