IGNORED

Berghain / Ostgut Ton

Guest Etch

Some of these people are really pushing things as far as techno is concerned. I know there are some folks here who love this stuff but it is some of the only electronic music that really excites me any more. Especially live. I find it to be more 'IDM' than any of the self proclaimed 'IDM' I have heard in years. Anyway, headphonesssss onnnnnnnnnn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlxacnUDufU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcWlQRk2V3Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf9Yix_Kdvs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eoVKbrE07A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx7aOHAC2RU

Etch, could you recommend any particular albums or dj sets from artists on the label? These guys get featured quite a bit on recent black dog mixes and I dig those.

Then I tried listening to a P.A.S. album a while back (can remember which) and all it did was give me a throbbing headache, though maybe that's the point.

Etch, could you recommend any particular albums or dj sets from artists on the label? These guys get featured quite a bit on recent black dog mixes and I dig those.

Then I tried listening to a P.A.S. album a while back (can remember which) and all it did was give me a throbbing headache, though maybe that's the point.

I would say Ben Klock - 'One' is a safe place to start. Its pretty easy to listening and hangs together well as an album. From their maybe the 'Funf' compilation, there is quite a lot of variety on there. Alson definitely check out some of their mix albums...Marcel Fengler one is rather accessible. As for PAS, I totally know what you mean. Some of their material is particularly savage on the ears but having said that....

barker and baumecker

Saw them live at Fabric. Seriously, seriously good live set. All live gear, was really impressed. Not so knocked out by the 'Murder of Crows' release. Have listened to this untold amounts though.

berghain has become the way that i describe what i listen to, it seems cheesy but ultimately true, if the techno sounds as good as the osgut ton roster, then its good techno. deep, soulful and hard hitting.

marcel dettmann is literally the most impressive musician ive heard outside of the world of classical music.

berghain has become the way that i describe what i listen to, it seems cheesy but ultimately true, if the techno sounds as good as the osgut ton roster, then its good techno. deep, soulful and hard hitting.

marcel dettmann is literally the most impressive musician ive heard outside of the world of classical music.

You and I would probably get along. I'm sure we have unknowingly shared a London dance floor at some point. Probably going to go to this:

http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?382035

I could go and see them every week-end, but for me, their music has less to do with IDM than with pure techno. It is banging techno as dark and raw as it gets, but I don't like too much. Could you elaborate why you see a connection between this techno and IDM?

that was last friday no?

Oh....yeah...balls. I got all the dates mixed up on that Hydra thing. Might head down to the Innervisions/Permanent Vacation night though.

i personally dont compare this stuff to idm atall. its pretty much techno through and through. im quite happy to listen to a huge kick drum and a hi-hat and a single hook for 4 minutes though, if its got the groove.

its almost meditative.

and that line up is sick. im off to see him this friday in glasgow though. as much as i adore all his production work, ive still never managed to catch him live, quite excited.

at the moment i am interested by the zooloft stuff

the shapeless stuff

and shifted is fuckin killin it.

i bloody love techno

It's funny, how the UK and the raw Berlin scene gets closer and closer. Lot of UK producers, which were into dubstep or broken beats of some kind, now do straight beats. Funny development. I think, like five years ago a OSTGUT night in London wouldn't be so hyped, right?

It's funny, how the UK and the raw Berlin scene gets closer and closer. Lot of UK producers, which were into dubstep or broken beats of some kind, now do straight beats. Funny development. I think, like five years ago a OSTGUT night in London wouldn't be so hyped, right?

The first proper Ostgut night I went to was at Corsica Studios. It was the first official night they had done in London and it was bedlam, it has just snowballed since then. It is an interesting development but I think that the underlying attraction is how far can different sounds be pushed, dubstep had/has become wearisome and overproduced and I think listeners and producers alike were getting back to the core of things. The 'Berghain' sound, or just Techno, whatever you want to call it, is fertile and exciting ground, it always has been. Furthermore, it has the mystique that Dubstep initially had of being misunderstood and rather inaccessible. That is definitely changing now, and there is no point moaning about that. I'm tired, drunk and I'm banging on a bit. I just really like this music.

i personally dont compare this stuff to idm atall. its pretty much techno through and through. im quite happy to listen to a huge kick drum and a hi-hat and a single hook for 4 minutes though, if its got the groove.

its almost meditative.

Dettman/Fengler back to back at Berghain last autumn. Totally lost in it for 14 hours, no drugs, just pissed and genuinely mesmerised. Thanks for the Shifted.

Guest dese manz hatin

this one is a track by shed that was released a few months ago. fucking banger! it sould out immediately but i think they want to do a repressing. the atmosphere of the synths in the second half (which is actually the b-side though) somehow remind be of early aphex techno tracks. that reminds me that dettman and klock are also the only djs besides efdemin who i ever witnessed playing rdj!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cs6z9FFN9TA

that being said, steffi is by far my favourite producer off the label.

and for djs... it can't get better than prosumer. such a damn shame that he's not a resident at panorama bar anymore.

Archived