IGNORED

Champions League 2012-2013

chenGOD

Guest Ron Manager

Dortmund... unglaublich. Having just watched that in a bar full of Dortmund supporters downstairs from where i'm living in Bonn.... what an experience. wow!

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Ron Manager

As with every team that does the impossible or does a major upset, I don't see them putting up much of a fight against whoever they face next. It's like they shot their wad.

i disagree. Dortmund are serious. for whatever reason it wasn't clicking tonight, i don't know. the Malaga keeper Willy (!) pulled off a pair of unbelievable saves. Dortmund absolutely dominated the first leg. defensively they're not brilliant this year - they concede lots of goals in the Bundesliga, but they're just so strong going forward. the CL is all they have to play for now, having been knocked out of the German cup and having already lost the title. having already beaten Real (and drawn the other group match? can't remember), they are definitely in with a big shout.

I like Dortmund, they play a fun game and I hope they succeed, but it always seems that if a team does a miracle the momentum rarely convert to a good performance the next stage. It must be emotionally draining to one moment being disappointed and the next ecstatic for pulling of such a comeback and/or upset. I've seen it happen in other sports. Considering the remaining teams Dortmund does look like the plucky underdog among the giants.

Viva Viva , Jurgen Klopp take a bow!

What a game and what an ending!. If Dortmund get Madrid or Bayern i think they'll make it to the final, hopefully they'll get madrid, knock them out and have Bayern knock out Barca.

Guest stabilo

I expected more from juve, but I guess bayern were really too much for them

real madrid is the other favourite to win this, glatasaray was never going to bother them.. easy draw, to compensate the hard path they had till quarterfinals

psg was a nice surprise, much better as a team than I expected, they were better than barça but they were not experienced enough to make it

dortmund are great to watch, but I am sorry for malaga

bayern looks too much for this barça and madrid way too much for dortmund seing how madrid is doing lately

bayern madrid looks like it,

my wish would be a barça dortmund final though

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mirezzi

Last year's actual Champions League champions toying with Barca. Bloodbath really. Two of the goals were a bit shady, especially the block on Jordi Alba, but meh, Barca are bad.

Holy. Fucking. Balls. 4-0

FCB played like complete ass and acting like petulant children. Bayern deservedly beating them.

While you shouldn't count out Barcelona, the way they have been playing lately does not inspire confidence. For such a great player Messi is, he's a non-factor when not 100%, although he did contribute in the last leg, the opposition is another class now. The offense of FCB was non-existent tonight and this pass-pass-pass-pass tactic isn't working at the moment so Villanova ought to re-think that approach. It might work against lesser opponents, but Bayern is firing on all the cylinders at the moment. It's been an annoyance for me that they simply opt to pass until the opposition defense breaks down deep in the box before taking a shot. I'd like to see them taking more chances and shots even if it might lead to losing possession for a moment.

That was beautiful, finally someone trashed Barca, they had it coming, it was just a matter of time before someone like Bayern who dont let themselves get bullied, who play no bullshit football trash Barca. They just didnt trash them, they schooled them both in terms of football and class.

Next season when Bayern dominates everything again i hope Pep doesnt get any credit at all, Jupp Heynckes should get the credit for everything Bayern win for at least 3 seasons.

Guest Mirezzi

Yeah, that's fine, but Jordi Alba had good reason to be pissed. The block on that goal by Robben was hilarious. Still, it had no bearing on the outcome because Barca were thoroughly outclassed/thrashed.

Guest Ron Manager

a lot of people still seem shocked at this result. this was definitely, definitely coming. i've been watching Bayern's games regularly since January, and they have i think the strongest team i have ever seen. they are simply a juggernaut. Barcelona, on the other hand, have been pretty average. their domestic triumphs are nothing to get too excited about, and they have not been good in Europe. they lost to Celtic for chrissakes, and barely squeaked past PSG.

at the same time, all this 'birth of a new European dynasty' stuff is kind of bollocks too. i'm really not sure i trust Guardiola coming in and messing with Heynckes' team. he's got a hard task, especially since it's pretty likely that Bayern will win a treble (unprecedented in Germany). in that respect, Guardiola is almost already doomed to failure. the fact that he's already started remolding the team with the bizarrely-timed announcement of the signing of Goetze is a pretty serious statement of intent...

edit: big lol @ Mueller's block in that second gif.

Archived