IGNORED

Post Your Most Recent Picture

Joyrex

I got to film Paul McGann today, he was pretty cool and, I have to admit, damn handsome and trim for a 50 odd year old.

BVlSQmzIAAAsaEB.jpg

you look like a lot of young white handsome well-dessed 25-35 males I work with. seriously the film business is so homogenous it's kind of gross

no less homogenous than when you all didnt have beards .. and terrible jelled hair .. im glad that beards are in for a while makes a change to the society i inhabit's appearance .. also i dont have to hear that stupid put down that goes 'if you have a beard you must be hiding something'. And its nice that the ladies arent put off by it anymore now that its the general concensus that its ok.

Of course this is but a trasitory thing and those five years younger will eschew facial hair and so everyone will shave it off. Much to the delight of the razor manufacturers. They are no doubt working on a plan now, to help this along. Perhaps westhead will be roped into the effort to sell it.

No way man, I grew this years before the beard trend in a foolish attempt to simulate a jawline. Years of sun burn to my face has given me a tramps tan, meaning if I shaved it off I'd be sporting a sort of inverted beard of pale skin. Plus my wife said if I shaved it off she'd divorce me.

I'm patiently waiting for the beard trend to pass anyway, so I can think of myself as can non conformist again. Soon...#beard4life

i had thought that long hair was next though, still waiting.

Long hair takes way more effort than a beard, it'll never take off because there's no cool 'inbetween' stage. You just look like someone who's come out of a relatively short coma until you hit the sweet spot.

oh i wasnt tarring you with the fly by night brush .. it was a generalized comment. After all you will recall that listening to electronic music of the sort favoured around these parts often finds the listeners draped in facial hair. This has been a constant, then the hipsters picked up on it and so it went mainstream. Then it will fade away again and it'll be left on the faces of scientists, some of those in their twenties when it was fashionable that can't be bothered updating their style, electronic music fans, rastas and Prince.

also with long hair .. younger ppl neither contemplate nor care about intermediate stages .. so when its time comes ppl will just grow it. The idea has occured to me though as i've experienced it before, so i havent bothered cutting my hair as an experiment since.

Also, making false assumptions about people like that makes you sound like a lot of people I see on the internet, not very nice.

Yeah, I'm sorry my hostility sounded directed at you. I really like a lot of the people I work with - but I remain unpleasantly surprised at how white, male and young my world is. I was expecting more diversity in a "creative" field but it's just not there. Nothing against you personally, as you said I don't know you at all.

Objectively speaking though, nice shirt.

Also, making false assumptions about people like that makes you sound like a lot of people I see on the internet, not very nice.

Yeah, I'm sorry my hostility sounded directed at you. I really like a lot of the people I work with - but I remain unpleasantly surprised at how white, male and young my world is. I was expecting more diversity in a "creative" field but it's just not there. Nothing against you personally, as you said I don't know you at all.

Objectively speaking though, nice shirt.

Very gracious of you mate. So you work in film? Sounds cool, on paper...

second one

matches your hair better..

edit: both are awesome of course.

excuse me my testosterone rudeness

Edited by goDel

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

Yeah second pair I reckon. But then I thought the pair you had on in the pic you deleted suited you too!

Guest Rulohead32

second one

oh yeah you seduced her with those manly words

second one

oh yeah you seduced her with those manly words

photo-123.png?_r=1376218243

Can you not have both (or 'two both' as one of my nieces says)? In my eyes the first looks more office-y and the second more informal-y, so yeah depending on the situation both work a charm.