IGNORED

WATMM Christmas Album, 2012

Root5

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Started working on "My Favorite Things" today

should be done tomorrow I think

Did not know that song was associated with Christmas, but wikipedia confirms the connection. I would have allowed it anyway. I love that song as a Jazz standard. Can't wait to hear what you do with it.

yo Root5 - i still am drawing blanks in terms of coming up with a nice naming convention

when you gave the example of "vocaloid mix" i'm guessing this references the primary use of whichever style/instrument in the song? So one could hypothetically have "DnB mix"? or am i missing something

happy for you to name it whatever you want tho

Just sent mine in...

yo Root5 - i still am drawing blanks in terms of coming up with a nice naming convention

when you gave the example of "vocaloid mix" i'm guessing this references the primary use of whichever style/instrument in the song? So one could hypothetically have "DnB mix"? or am i missing something

As I recall the naming convention is pretty open-ended. I think he's just trying to avoid people using titles that don't deviate from the pieces original title (handing in your Jingle Bells cover as 'Jingle Bells', etc).

The vocaloid mix example was just to show the use of (X Mix) at the end. (DnB Mix) would work just as well, as would (SuperMegaClustersplosion Mix) if that is what you want. You can also break naming convention if you feel strongly, but it'd be weird to just use the name of the original track being covered/remixed. Feel free to send me any name you want.

yekkin' around the christmas tree was scrapped, I'll try to put together something seasonal tonight.

The vocaloid mix example was just to show the use of (X Mix) at the end. (DnB Mix) would work just as well, as would (SuperMegaClustersplosion Mix) if that is what you want. You can also break naming convention if you feel strongly, but it'd be weird to just use the name of the original track being covered/remixed. Feel free to send me any name you want.

I think there should also be a link to the original, otherwise people might not recognize what it's a cover of. As I found out with my random naming ideas. :D

Last day of submissions. If you send me something within the next 24 hours or so, your track will be included. If it's going to be tight, send me an email or pm and I'll see what we can do. I've received 11 great tracks so far, not including mine which I'm just finishing up.

I hope whoever covered 'Auld Lang Syne' titled it 'Auld Lang Sine-Wave' or something similar...

I had considered it, but then I remembered that it had already been done

http://www.discogs.com/Various-The-VVM-Christmas-Pudding/release/107217

track 21

also it wouldn't really fit my version

sorry bout it

Aw damn, good eye. I am very excited to hear yours Ganus!

Archived