IGNORED

Bungie - Destiny

lumpenprol

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Concept art is great and all, but what the hell is the game like?

Still. Respect due to Bungie, they'll probably do something at least half decent.

A few hints to Destiny were shown in Bungie's 20th Anniversary Documentary, O Brave New World. The name "Tiger" was first used, but recent information tells that the new project name is "Destiny". The "Tiger" name was put forward by Jason Jones in the documentary. He stated in the video, "One reason that Tiger is so intriguing to so many people in the studio is that it's reaching players in a way that we haven't before,"Bungie writer Joseph Staten stated about the game, "We feel responsible for not just telling an isolated story but for building a universe that at some point is going to become more the fans' than ours. It's going to take a life of its own." Executive producer Joseph Tung added also, "I believe that it absolutely will be a game-changer in the way that Halo was a game-changer."

f9ge1.jpg

hMN38.jpg

FyeKm.jpg

XTBMx.jpg

tnrNX.jpg

vgFxG.jpg

QVndi.jpg

C'mon.. It's Bungie. The gameplay will probably be pretty good no matter what.

But Halo: Reach was really uninspired. They really have to improve their story telling skills for this one.

edit: actually, the story sucked in all their Halo games...

I like Bungie but all the vague promises of redefining gameplay historically have resulted in massive flops. See: JOHN ROMERO WILL MAKE YOU HIS BITCH!

Casual gamers know the name Halo and wouldn't know the name Bungie so much. It's brand recognition, they need huge marketing clout to make people pay attention to a new franchise like this.

Also it's another basic good vs evil thing. It'd be nice to have something a little more complex than "kill the bad guys!" but I know I'm asking a lot.

The good thing is that Bungie owns this IP 100%

So they can pretty much do with it, what they want.

Not everything about their Halo games where perfect. But In terms of gameplay, I can't think of many shooters I enjoy more. Their weapon and enemy types are way more creative than most games.

i'm imagining a Halo type game with an ARMA sized map

I'd buy that.

Guest Frankie5fingers

i like how they say they wanted to make a universe as large and "relatable" as Star Wars. but by the looks of it, it is Star Wars. they just copied and pasted the look of SW.

actually, now that i think about it the story really isnt all original either, its basically then same as Advent Rising. if anyone can remember that game. evil alien comes to destroy humans, while good aliens try to protect them.

that said, i still will hold my judgment cause it might be good.

Guest Mirezzi

edit: actually, the story sucked in all their Halo games...

I was waiting for somebody to write that.

Halo was fucking dumb. Why would anybody have faith that Bungie can make a good original story?

This is the company that named its protagonist Master Chief.

They should just call the hero of Destiny something truly unique, like Unnamed Player.

so basically theyre making halo

Halo was fucking dumb. Why would anybody have faith that Bungie can make a good original story?

http://marathon.bungie.org/story/

That said, yes, the story in Halo was pretty awful...

But Marathon had one of the greatest stories of all time...

I also think there are only one or two people left from the original Bungie team. Marathon is free now by the way:

http://source.bungie.org/

edit:

Marathon: Infinity might have the most confusing plot of any game I've played. It sends you back in time through different reality tangents without explicitly telling you.

edit2:

And I must say that I agree with Yahtzee, while Reach sucked, the very last part of the game is one of the best things I have ever played in a game. And then they ruin it with a cheesy cutscene

Dang you all are some hard to please mofos. How can we have a Halo 4 thread gushing praise (the 4th installment in a tired franchise), but most people heap scorn on this one?

I'm not even a Bungie or Halo fanboy. But um yeah...I like some of the concept art. Let's all be optimistic, aaaight?

Meh. Come up with some fresh ideas / logo's please!

That logo/character is from shitty game Haze, not Destiny. I think Destiny looks pretty damned awesome.

Archived