IGNORED

Music for baths

DerWaschbar

Lately I've been working quite a lot and haven't had time/energy for music or much else, but I still diddle my stuff every now and then. My very favorite time of the day is after work drinking beer in the bathtub and listening to music.

I've decided to write a few quick tracks specifically for bathtub listening. This is the first!

If you listen to this in any setting other than in a bathtub I will be very cross.

https://soundcloud.com/cooncooncoon/dempster-12-02-13

a little boards of canada/distant ice cream truck melody-ish

I like all the detuning going on although it makes it sound a little sad/disturbing at times

I think those little noise bursts need some kind of extra filtering on them

lol have you played earthbound btw

I understand the utilitarian provisions that are at play here (ie: quickly producing music for the bath) but there are some choice melodic ideas in this piece, and the way you've processed this synth is lovely indeed... Kinda Vacuum Gardenesque near the end with the arching dissonances. Edit it down to the best melodic ideas and add some slow, abstract percussion; you'd have a hell of a track.

i sold my Minimoog to pay the plumber. i lived without hot water for 1 year. it took one year for me to break down. i love hot baths. i think it was the right decision. you cant own expensive synths and be poor. youll break down and seel them to live

This is some nice synth work, very delicate, I wonder if it might benefit from layering with some filtered field recordings (stuck through a boat load of reverb). Just an idea, perhaps bath noises? Be careful not to use phantom power in the bath!

Thanks so much for all the feedback guys. I'm sort of exploring a bunch of ideas at the moment with this stuff, some including cutting it up and organizing it for more rhythmic music or extrapolating parts and reprocessing it, but I don't really have the time at the moment to get too deep.

I'll keeping making bath tracks tho and I'll upload them in here now and then.

Thanks again.

Once again I am really impressed! This is lovely and strange, which are two of my favorite things. Also, I have been taking mad baths lately, so I am in complete sympathy here. They are incredible.

I've been hooked on long, magma-hot baths for the past 5-6 years. The ritual usually stretches out into a lay-on-the-floor-and-sweat-till-I'm-dry situation.

My regular ritual is to listen to the JS Bach pandora station on my iPhone in the dark with only a lit candle.

I used to listen to a playlist with Bach, Enya (The Celts), The Congos (Heart of the Congos), Polygon Window (SOSW), My Bloody Valentine, Popol Vuh and some Tuvan throat singing.

The new MBV is choice cutz for bathtime.

*edit*

whoops.

just realized this was the "your latest creations" subforum. oh wellz.

Archived