IGNORED

Happy Melancholy

Omega Wood

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright OW, I listened to your track. It sounds like you just tried to make the percussion as complex as possible and layer it over a synth pad, and boasting about super complex it is. But it felt like it wasn't really going anywhere most of the time - no transitions until the end, when the percussion disappears.

To me it's like plastering a bunch of random scrap metal on a Van Gogh painting. Still, your track isn't anywhere near as bad as your attitude.

and by the way Squee, the way you did that, it makes it look like you made the track and a fake account to prove your point, at least thats how i first interpreted it. it took my a second to realize wtf was going on. you might want to change your message to point out that it isn't actually your track, you probably pissed the guy off even more.

Well, now that he's banned it should be pretty easy to figure out what happened :)

By the way, guys, you might want to mute him on Soundcloud in case he decides to backfire on your Soundcloud accounts.

this is awesome

and I enjoyed Omega's chatmming so while I am not defending his attitude here, I hardly find it ban-worthy. People naturally get emotional to criticism and also deserve second chances when they don't follow a rule. Hahahahat was banned because he was critical of forum moderation/administration. Hopefully I won't be banned for sharing my opinion on this.

Also yes people who post electronic music on the internet and share it with others (not spamming) deserve respect. They are just people trying creativity. Should be encouraged even if it doesn't meet some standard.

The thread was pinned and the second poster was a bit rude (following everyone laughing at him for defending his art). I see no evidence to suggest he is a dupe. Definitely an odd ball but ffs this is WATMM.

flol @ going to court over this thread. and compson, just pm squee if you're gonna defend this guy. not everything is a public debate, especially not dumbass trolling from people who don't read the rules

ps - if you disagree i'll go to court

What else should this thread be about? Amazing that because I disagree with the mods I am off-topic while everyone else is just talking about the same thing I am. The going to court comment was hilarious and probably sarcastic... Unless Omega has a history of spamming threads without commenting in other threads I really don't see why a thread that mocks him should be pinned and any disagreements had about this mocking should be relegated to private messaging.

The thread was pinned and the second poster was a bit rude (following everyone laughing at him for defending his art). I see no evidence to suggest he is a dupe. Definitely an odd ball but ffs this is WATMM.

The fact that he was so arrogant and dramatic about it in his defence tho is what made him a laughing stock.

I've received criticism on my tracks too. Hell, don't we even criticise some tracks by the Warp titans here on occasion?

If we're gonna post our work, we ought to be prepared for criticism, even if it isn't all positive. Also, some people come to WATMM only to post their tracks, but not take the time get a feel for WATMM and get acquainted/ shoot the shit with some of the regulars here. Getting along with other people plays into it as well.

The fact that he was so arrogant and dramatic about it in his defence tho is what made him a laughing stock.

I've received criticism on my tracks too. Hell, don't we even criticise some tracks by the Warp titans here on occasion?

If we're gonna post our work, we ought to be prepared for criticism, even if it isn't all positive. Also, some people come to WATMM only to post their tracks, but not take the time get a feel for WATMM and get acquainted/ shoot the shit with some of the regulars here. Getting along with other people plays into it as well.

k nvm, have fun turning a troll thread into a serious debate... your efforts will surely be fruitful

First Luke, you've never been critical of a member banning in threads? Doesn't matter if it will be fruitful. Total banishment from one of the only good electronic forum communities can suck. So when it happens to an individual unreasonably (imo) I am going to share my opinion, as I have that right.

Second Amber, arrogantly defending yourself is a different beast than arrogantly attacking someone. I have no problem with people finding his defense funny, I have a problem with people thinking its ok to arrogantly attack someone and then mock/ban them when they defend themselves.

Omega was active in chatmm the past couple days and He joined WATMM 4 days ago. So thats my other point. He is a new face and someone like that who doesn't know all the rules and simply defends his work, should not be banned. Temp banned is fine. For like a week, but come on. Are we trying to welcome new people in a friendly way or are we just too cool for that?

It makes it harder to feel bad for OW when he's giving WATMM the double bird tho

Can you blame him after he asked for the thread to be deleted, yet it was pinned...

Lock the thread, temp ban perhaps, and if he continues to break the rules then it's clear he doesn't care about the rules the community has agreed on. Which is when a user should be banned imo.

This isn't personal either, I find Squee and mods do a great job and I am thankful for their work so that this community can exist. My intent is to encourage more activity and appreciation for the watmm community, not to choke out fresh faces without rational reasons behind it.

Archived