IGNORED

Jazz?

pierlu

such good jazz.

Mmm yes... Yummy yummy metz jazz. Listened to this in a newer set of earbuds today for the first time and all i can say is yum.

The richness, the chillness, the energy, the sophistication, but also the simplicity, melodic openness, interweaving sinorous timbres of liquid funky yumminess.

The drum tone, transients and compression really adds to these effects... Anyone know what kinds of drums/compressor/outboard gear/plugins he may be utilizing to get that sort of sound? I've heard it employed similarly on windowlicker, girl/boy and some other tracks... Hard to describe but its kind of a warm saturated metallic bubbly feel... It's gotta be tape and prob hard limiting/tube saturation, yeah?

^ ... in regards to the drums

Hard to describe but its kind of a warm saturated metallic bubbly feel... It's gotta be tape and prob hard limiting/tube saturation, yeah?

^ ... in regards to the drums

I think you're onto something with tape and tube electronics being involved. That PHATNESS..! Of course we can only specula-bate, especially via camera audio off YouTube. Regarding the bass, chords and maybe even kick drum it could be coming from the GX-1, through the tube-powered speakers to a mic. We already know he used to like to send sounds to a speaker and mics in a stairwell in his bank as a reverb chamber.

Holy shit that is good. Another one to add to the "needs to be on a release together" list. Aphex is getting so funky in his old age. What a boss.

yeah, thats the electro track. its up on YT in full somewhere

I looked for it for a bit, but couldn't find it. I think the full version ha been taken down like he said.

I know this is blapshemous and all to bring up, but how do we know these "unreleased" afx tracks aren't tracks from very obscure or unknown/unsigned artists or even richard's friends/colleagues?

I know they have the rdj sound and all, but we can't ever prove they're his right?

i do believe they are him, i just thought i'd bring it up...

*tear*

richard, if you're out there, speak to us.. even just a.. little...

noise.

please?

i just listened to that mp3 3 times in a row.

that HAS to be him. im convinced. dont need proof.

"i don't need no proof when it comes to God and truth. I look at my daughter and I believe"

-Live

"i dont need no proof when it comes to rdj. I listen to those acid lines in Minehead, Manchester and Metz

and i believe."

-watmm

Archived