07. Go With It feat. MNDR
08. Spilling Autumn
09. Sweet Williams
10. Soul To Seoul
11. Green feat. Andreya Triana
12. Waiting For The Break Of Dawn
13. Moon Rise feat. Jesse Boykins III

Album Stream: https://soundcloud.com/user3105090/sets/tokimonsta-half-shadows

I was super excited to hear about a new album from TOKiMONSTA, but I'm a couple songs in and I hate to say it, but I'm really underwhelmed. Her first album and EP were fantastic!

Yeah I checked out the stream yesterday. Can't be bothered with this one. Also found it lame how there's four songs in a row with what sounds like trap hi-hats.

Yeah, this is really dissapointing. I liked the early EPs and first album, it was like FlyLo with a softer feminine touch, but this stuff is just wanky. First 6 tracks were pretty bad (even the Kool Keith one was pretty lame), finally on 7 "Spilling Autumn" we get some of the hoped for lushness but it quickly jumps back to the bouncy wanks... "Sweet William" and "Soul to Seoul" are probably the most enjoyable "Waiting For The Break of Dawn" isn't bad too either.

Should have just compiled those 3 into an EP...

Yeah, I heard a couple of tracks that reminded me of her previous work, but the rest is all vocals laid over uninteresting background music... nothing too unique here. Such a shame!

The last half of the album is a lot more enjoyable but I'm really not pulled in by even the more lovely sounding tracks.

Kind of a bummer. I'll give it one more good listen later before I write it off.

she's on brainfeeder which should tell you everything

Why is that? There's plenty of good releases on Brainfeeder as well...

few minutes and can't tell if some of these are shreds/pisstakes? :s

Creature Dreams EP was really superb.. wtfs going on here

Guest RadarJammer

the sc demo kinda sounds like someone's first attempt at making computer music but expertly mixed. maybe decent looking girls have trouble finding honest feedback

the sc demo kinda sounds like someone's first attempt at making computer music but expertly mixed. maybe decent looking girls have trouble finding honest feedback

thats been my suspcian as well with tokimonsta... hard to think of a nother expelantion

she's on brainfeeder which should tell you everything

That isn't the problem. TOKi has a lot of skill and potential which can be heard on Midnight Menu, that did not show on this album.

Archived