IGNORED

Mr Men

Guest chunky

Guest chunky

This books are still well worth a read! Mr Happy is really funny. Remind anyone of the acid house smiley happy face? Mr Tickle is a naughty little bugger, great sense of humour in him though. Got to admire his prankster attitude. All the episodes seem to be on youtube. The 1970s version is the best, with the gorgeous English accent and the tripped out music. Yes, I know they're for babies. So what!

I'll always love the Mr. Men first gen. I had the full set of those books as a young kid. Original cartoons were utterly ace as well. I felt a bit disturbed when Arthur Lowe was decapitated in Theatre Of Blood, was weird seeing him in O! Lucky Man as well. My favourite was Mr. Bump, makes me feel much better about my being such a clumsy fuckwit.

The cartoons still stand up for this generation of kids too - I've still got the complete collection of them on VHS and my nieces and nephews love them as much as I still do. Most chilled out cartoons I've ever seen.

I had these books as a kid! Great stuff..

really strange though, about a week ago me and my gf were talking about this series and randomly bought this "Mr Jihad" t-shirt in Bankok as a souvenir... and then this thread pops up!

bIPnklo.jpg

Guest Frankie5fingers

man, i wonder if i can find my Mr. Men books. i had a bunch. loved them as a kid and i agree with mcbpete, theyve held up extremely well over the years.

man, i wonder if i can find my Mr. Men books. i had a bunch. loved them as a kid and i agree with mcbpete, theyve held up extremely well over the years.

the complete collection, 86$...

http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Men-Roger-Hargreaves/dp/140525355X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1366473793&sr=8-1&keywords=mr+men+complete+collection

I had the complete collection of books as they were when I was a nipper in the 70s, before all that new wave type Mr.Men/Little Miss bollocks shat in the pool of my childhood nostalgia. Gave them to my nephew when he was a toddler and they must've survived all of a day.

The cartoons still stand up for this generation of kids too - I've still got the complete collection of them on VHS and my nieces and nephews love them as much as I still do. Most chilled out cartoons I've ever seen.

agreed... cartoons and childrens tv was so much more chilled out in that era... my daughter loves mr. men, mr. benn, the flumps, bagpuss - all so slow paced and beautifully animated... a lot of the modern stuff she watches is frantic in comparison.

I had these books as a kid! Great stuff..

really strange though, about a week ago me and my gf were talking about this series and randomly bought this "Mr Jihad" t-shirt in Bankok as a souvenir... and then this thread pops up!

bIPnklo.jpg

man, that is a horrible t-shirt!

Archived