IGNORED

Old Electronic Music = Tuss-like ?

awepittance

[youtubehd]t4wrQnQmUEU[/youtubehd]

Haha, awesome! I especially like the reverb send on the pads in the beginning.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neon Judgement's "Fashion Party" from 1982 also has some of that Rephlex magic, especially sonically. Also - listen to those fantastic delay tweaks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xa9HT0FsjnU

I remember hearing that in one of his live DJ sets, along with Crash Course In Science - "Cardboard Lamb"

He and Autechre have played this one out as well. The more experimental Electro that came out seems incredibly influential:

Mandatory Man Parrish listening:

http://youtu.be/4qeE_IcuHHs

Another one Aphex played at Torino, I was obsessed with finding this track for the longest time. Amazing track for 1980. I heard a lower-quality version of the live set and the synth rhythm sounded like a big drum, with the long decay of a timpani or something:

i just picked up this album by Ph.D, never heard of them before. Sort of a mixture of glam rock and uk synth pop with all synths and real drums, 1981

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPO-XrKLnwU

there's something very attractive about this type of production to me, reminds me of that first track i posted. Very dry but beefy synth and real drum sounds for the time period it was released. I like the idea of musicians going up against the challenge a lot of early pre-Roland era drum machine electronic music had, which was getting the drums to actually sound big,

there's something very attractive about this type of production to me, reminds me of that first track i posted. Very dry but beefy synth and real drum sounds for the time period it was released. I like the idea of musicians going up against the challenge a lot of early pre-Roland era drum machine electronic music had, which was getting the drums to actually sound big,

Some of those early Pearl/Simmons/Pollard/Synare drum modules are lush as fuck and definitely feature heavily in the Tuss stuff.

just cause it sounds like the tuss doesnt mean it doesnt sound like shit... a lot of the tuss sounds sound corny on purpose and all these people think its the greatest shit... so ridiculous

• 2 weeks later...

its unfortunate Quick Culture only had one release, very promising stuff.

i just completed most of the tracks for this release which includes some proto Tuss mashups

anybody remember that one album that featured a lot of Yamaha GX-1 drum use on it? IT was discovered by the forum right after Confederation Trough came out, can't find the thread anymore though

There are two used Front 242 CDs at a local music store for less than $10 a piece. Should I be snatching that shit up ASAPé (my question mark is now É apparently... and is fluctuating between lower and upper caseé)

Guest bitroast

first thing that popped in head when i saw the topic title (although it's more analord than tuss^^)

1982 - 1988 Front 242 is golden. Pulse from 2003 is also pretty cool.

I have a feeling it`s fuck up evil (the one with the numbers) and it`s partner album. I remember buying one of them when I was 15 and returning it because I thought the production was cheesy. But I had headphones that didn`t respect the bass, and a kid brain that didn`t appreciate a lot of things I`d find awesome now.

Archived