IGNORED

Old Electronic Music = Tuss-like ?

awepittance

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't there some album a guy did in the 80s mostly on a Gx1 ? Don't remember what it was called</p>

Rick Van Der Linden was the guy who did the GX1 album. Some good tracks on there. Some are a little too novelty-ish.

Trace and Ekseption were two bands he was in. Pretty good stuff mostly. Super dorky too (prog).

http://www.discogs.com/Rick-Van-Der-Linden-GX1/release/1800034

[youtubehd]tFygy1DtCSo[/youtubehd]

cool thanks for that, exactly what i've been meaning to find. For some reason I remember the drums sounding better than they do here. All gx1 drums yeah? Ill have to check out the band this guy was in

there is this french Residents-esque synth pop band from the early 80s, Ptose who's early stuff sort of reminds me of Aphex or Cylob

cool thanks for that, exactly what i've been meaning to find. For some reason I remember the drums sounding better than they do here. All gx1 drums yeah? Ill have to check out the band this guy was in

there is this french Residents-esque synth pop band from the early 80s, Ptose who's early stuff sort of reminds me of Aphex or Cylob

ptose are great, have you heard the compilations of there label? some good stuff there as well

awesome find, that is one of the closest Tuss sound alikes so far in the thread. I'm pretty certain now that Aphex Twin's Tuss material is not only a throwback to older electro and acid stuff but also some of the more mainstream cyberfunk and electro-pop stuff from the era. I don't have as large as musical vocabulary as others here so if my theory is bunk please correct me.

Besides tracks like Rushup bank and Death fuck, i feel like most of Rushup edge and Confederation Trough is almost sort of imaginary proto rave version of rave music. like using sounds and instruments that predated rave era of music and even acts like cybotron to make music in a similar style but using old techniques and synths.

awesome find, that is one of the closest Tuss sound alikes so far in the thread. I'm pretty certain now that Aphex Twin's Tuss material is not only a throwback to older electro and acid stuff but also some of the more mainstream cyberfunk and electro-pop stuff from the era. I don't have as large as musical vocabulary as others here so if my theory is bunk please correct me.

I would agree with that. He seems to always have a good perspective on updating older stuff. I thought the Analords was a really nice way to sort of elevate/update acid a bit. Like, "this is what acid should sound like now" sort of thing.

http://search.retrosynth.com/ah/search/lookit.cgi?-v0408.882

AH archives

You can feed any of the drum instruments to trigger the solo synth!

E.g every time the kick drum sounds or the Hihat etc the solo synth can
be triggered which actually gives you untold pattern possibilities if
you combine the drum pattern selectors.

Then you can either manually play the key you want with it being
triggered in sync.
Or just let it trigger automatically.
Also the same drum instrument pattern is fed into a s/h which in turn
can randomly select the pitch of the solo synth and the cut off
frequency of both filters, with varying amounts ,sliders for each.
Instant acid and from the 70`s!
if only keith emerson has used it this way!
Instead of that fanfare for the common prick stuff.

Dance music history would have been completely different
**smile**

http://search.retrosynth.com/ah/search/lookit.cgi?-v0408.882

AH archives

You can feed any of the drum instruments to trigger the solo synth!

E.g every time the kick drum sounds or the Hihat etc the solo synth can

be triggered which actually gives you untold pattern possibilities if

you combine the drum pattern selectors.

Then you can either manually play the key you want with it being

triggered in sync.

Or just let it trigger automatically.

Also the same drum instrument pattern is fed into a s/h which in turn

can randomly select the pitch of the solo synth and the cut off

frequency of both filters, with varying amounts ,sliders for each.

Instant acid and from the 70`s!

if only keith emerson has used it this way!

Instead of that fanfare for the common prick stuff.

Dance music history would have been completely different

**smile**

that's pretty interesting, i'd be pretty pleased by just an entire GX1 acid album done by RDJ. would be pretty amazing. Just recorded with a stereo mic off the built in speakers

*as long as each song starts with a guy yelling a vulgar word for penis

very Synthacon 9-ish (the synths)

hmm, at first i was going to be 'hey thats from after 1985' until i looked up the 909 on wikipedia and was shocked to find out it was out in 1983. I swear I cant think of even a single song from before 1985 that uses one. I've heard a shit ton of 808 and 303 before 'acid' but not much if any 909 before house and techno

hmm, at first i was going to be 'hey thats from after 1985' until i looked up the 909 on wikipedia and was shocked to find out it was out in 1983. I swear I cant think of even a single song from before 1985 that uses one. I've heard a shit ton of 808 and 303 before 'acid' but not much if any 909 before house and techno

weird

yeah it's from 1988, but the bass that starts at 0:16, and also the synth at 0:20 sounds -imo- exactly like Synthacon 9, 1:00 onwards (ignoring the acidic bassline):

weird

yeah it's from 1988, but the bass that starts at 0:16, and also the synth at 0:20 sounds -imo- exactly like Synthacon 9, 1:00 onwards (ignoring the acidic bassline):

Is this the original "Reese Bass" track?

Archived