IGNORED

New consoles/E3 2013 thread

Npoess

So excited for PS4. Makes me giggle. I want to have loads of multiplayer fun with friends: Elder Scrolls Online, Drive Club, The Division, yadda yadda

You know that PS4 multiplayer won't be free anymore, right?

get a job

:trollface:

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So excited for PS4. Makes me giggle. I want to have loads of multiplayer fun with friends: Elder Scrolls Online, Drive Club, The Division, yadda yadda

You know that PS4 multiplayer won't be free anymore, right?

get a job

:trollface:

dems fightin' words boyo

shit is about to get real

*puts on fedora*

fedora gangsta 4real 4 lyfe eastwest side roughriders LA, Compton

bang bang !

but yeah this idea of pay to play a game you've already bought is just ridiculous. But if people keep paying, they'll keep doing it I guess.

=(

Guest jasondonervan

Kinda standard practice for dev units though. Remember when 360 games were being previewed, they were running off pairs of Mac G5s:

1522954541785052.JPG

Still, funny that MS don't quite trust Windows 8 yet.

LOL.

vid card says GeForce GTX and looks suspiciously like my 690.

that's not a GTX 690, if it were the logo would be lit up and you'd be able to see the aluminium accents on it.

The GTX 670 however, has a green (non backlit) GeForce GTX logo and is more than capable of beating the next generation in terms of graphics performance, and is at a cheap price point.

edit: also the xbone is supposed to be AMD graphics, not Nvidia. massive fail of deception.

LOL.

vid card says GeForce GTX and looks suspiciously like my 690.

that's not a GTX 690, if it were the logo would be lit up and you'd be able to see the aluminium accents on it.

The GTX 670 however, has a green (non backlit) GeForce GTX logo and is more than capable of beating the next generation in terms of graphics performance, and is at a cheap price point.

edit: also the xbone is supposed to be AMD graphics, not Nvidia. massive fail of deception.

Oh yeah I guess you're right!

Fails all over the place on this one.

Guest glasse

Found a cool unadvertised feature of the wiiu. By installing a free web server client on your computer you can use the wii u's browser to stream mp4 video files to your tv and gamepad. It even pulls 'season/episode' tags to categorize them. Might just need to optimize them in handbrake first.

so this just happened ..

• No more always online requirement
  • The console no longer has to check in every 24 hours
  • All game discs will work on Xbox One as they do on Xbox 360
  • Authentication is no longer necessary
  • An Internet connection is only required when initially setting up the console
  • All downloaded games will function the same when online or offline
  • No additional restrictions on trading games or loaning discs
  • Region locks have been dropped

http://kotaku.com/microsoft-is-removing-xbox-one-drm-514390310?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

Guest Gary C

lol, that's got to be a joke.

Or this could turn out to be an amazing strategy? Offend everyone. Bad press is still press. Give your audience what they want, finally. Position yourself as a company that listens.

Guest Gary C

Also, yeah, I don't believe they're not going to creep in all those shitty things.

Still a PC for me.

flol... Microsoft already has screwed up. I'm never getting a Xbone with or without anti-consurmerist DRM requirements.

But now we just need Nintendo to rethink your DRM policies. I don't know why they don't get more shit, they probably the worst DRM policies of ANY company out there.

well, if it wasn't a ploy it IS proof that consumers have certain control over what goes on, in the gaming market at least

that is something to value

what does it say for consumers like me? Well, at the most I can definitely say that I'm not quite as dogmatically pro PS4 after seeing this, I will judge the system purchases on the quality of the games, as every purchaser should do. I haven't really seen anything that makes my balls tingle like Halo 1 and 2 did, or Half Life 2, or Crash Bandicoot and Spyro... I'm not hyped either way! still leaning toward PS4 for the zombie port game and Planetside 2

I can't wait to EA is going announce that online passes will be back, after they made a big deal about they would gone, just before Microsoft announced their new DRM restrictions (cheap attempt to gain some good PR)... Shit is going to be hilarious.

Fuck I'm sick of gaming companies.

Archived