IGNORED

Places to see in Seattle?

Tauhid

Street names too believable to denizen of UK, joke complicated.

But the kimchi latte is half off with any 180g vinyl purchase!

• 6 months later...

chen is also going to Seattle this weekend. I'll be staying in pioneer square. Looking for a street with good local restaurants/shops/brewpubs.

Also is the Experience Music Project Museum a good time?

thanks robert moses :)

i meant to add that reading through this thread it sounds like Georgetown is promising.

If anyone has been to both Seattle and Vancouver, does Georgetown compare to say Commercial Drive in Vancouver?

Are you renting a car, Chen? Georgetown would work, though it's a bit south of the downtown area. From Pioneer Square that would be a ~half hour bus ride. I would check out Capitol Hill. My friend said you should be able to find places in Pioneer Square, if you're trying to stay nearby. Also farther away from Downtown, are the Ballard and Fremont districts, which he recommended.

Hit up Ballard in Seattle. It's where I work and there are more bars/food than you can shake a stick at. Come visit my work and I'll hook you up w/ some greens? ... Closer to pioneer square, I'd check out Belltown, Queen Anne or possibly Capitol Hill for bars/shops/food. Also, you're right next to the International District, which if you pick the right shops, has some of the dankest asian food in the Northwest. Check out uwajimaya for the most badass grocery store experience ever ---> WHOLE FUCKIN' 3+ FOOT LONG SQUID? YUP.

EMP is cool, but def a one time stop. The vocal booth with the real-time manipulation was a ton of fun.

I'm driving down from vancouver so getting around is no problem. Thanks for the recommendations, sounds like there is plenty to see even right in pioneer square: walking would be ideal so i can get my drank on.

I'll do some more searching on the webifier.

Hit up Ballard in Seattle. It's where I work and there are more bars/food than you can shake a stick at. Come visit my work and I'll hook you up w/ some greens? ... Closer to pioneer square, I'd check out Belltown, Queen Anne or possibly Capitol Hill for bars/shops/food. Also, you're right next to the International District, which if you pick the right shops, has some of the dankest asian food in the Northwest. Check out uwajimaya for the most badass grocery store experience ever ---> WHOLE FUCKIN' 3+ FOOT LONG SQUID? YUP.

EMP is cool, but def a one time stop. The vocal booth with the real-time manipulation was a ton of fun.

I like that mexican restaurant Senor Moose in Ballard.

Denied! :P

(understood though, hit me up if you want other weird recommendations, I don't really suggest hanging out in pioneer square, downtown or belltown (touristy, expensive, mega visible wealth inequality, etc) but it can be a fun way to see the town for the first time - hope the trip is awesome!)

Ballard locks are pretty alright. A friend of a friend has some sculptures there. I got taken to some British pub nearby that I wouldn't really recommend but they have a sunday market that's alright.

Georgetown is good, it's where I spent a month of my life, but is about half an hour from Downtown via bus.

Tbh Downtown could be anywhere, found a good tobacco shop near the fish market though. I'd avoid Bellevue.

Guest MastaN8

Yeah jump on the D line from downtown to ballard. Get off on 15th and head down, there's lots of bars, women, good times. But if you want to see any live music that isn't 70s rock, check out numoes, chop suey, crocodile cafe. Actually the croc has been booking the most electro. In the past year.

Check out Zeitgeist Coffee in Pioneer square.

Otherwise I agree that Ballard and Fremont are great spots to check out. Pike Place market is worth a visit downtown, and there are some decent places in Belltown for food and drinks, but also some very douchey places.

Otherwise I agree that Ballard and Fremont are great spots to check out. Pike Place market is worth a visit downtown, and there are some decent places in Belltown for food and drinks, but also some very douchey places.

Awesome: good coffee is a must.

Had some great oysters in pike place market last summer when we went. Hoping to repeat.

Is there obvious way to spot douchey places? Are fixies and large moustaches an obvious sign of douchiness?

Had some great oysters in pike place market last summer when we went. Hoping to repeat.

Is there obvious way to spot douchey places? Are fixies and large moustaches an obvious sign of douchiness?

Flannel, thick rimmed glasses, guys dressing like japanese male models, punk kids.

oh wait, what the fuck am I saying, that's most of Seattle ;)

I said douchey, not hipster. ;) Although both can be douchey in their own way, I've always associated douchey with the mainstream/wealthy crowd. There are some dance clubs and bars that tend to attract the affliction/true religion/cologne spill kind of guys, and sequin miniskirt and high heels when it's 30 degrees/gold-digger kind of girls, that listen to awful music.

Pike place and International District...those are places I'd recommend anyway. As for shops, Pink Gorilla has a nice selection of old school console games, and Uwajimaya is probably my favourite grocery store in North America. I like to go there for the Souken Bicha (爽健美茶) alone - my favourite bottled tea. Haven't been to Seatown in over a year tho, and other WATMMers are much more familiar with it than I am.

Thanks for all the tips. We had an awesome trip. Hit up señor moose holy fuck that was some goddamned good Mexican food.

The supermarket was nice and cheap. And purple cafe the food was alright but the sommelier was amazing awesome and we had a great bottle of wine.

So thanks watmm for helping chen out!

Thanks for all the tips. We had an awesome trip. Hit up señor moose holy fuck that was some goddamned good Mexican food.

The supermarket was nice and cheap. And purple cafe the food was alright but the sommelier was amazing awesome and we had a great bottle of wine.

So thanks watmm for helping chen out!

Glad we could assist and that a pleasant time was had. I'd kinda like to return there myself.

Archived