IGNORED

best monosynth-to-midi software?

th555

I'm not sure what you want the software to do... Track the pitch of the synth output and turn that information into midi? That's a terrible waste of synth.

Nope, not gonna do that.thanks, though :P

Btw, no, my sx1000 is unmodded. Except for the knob caps, of course :-/

wtfnobody on watmm has ever used software like this?
you looking to control the Jen from a sequencer, or control a sequence from the Jen? You might be able to do the latter using the audio out and some kind of pitch follower software, but it's not really worth it. You may as well just get a midi keyboard.Anyway, if you want to control the Jen then unfortunately it's completely uncontrollable without a midi modification retrofit. It has zero control inputs - no CV, gate, midi or even trigger inputs. You can not, in any way get around this. There is no magic piece of software that will somehow be able to control this synthesizer. It's a very limited machine in this regard, and only designed to be played live, this is why they are cheap. So your options in this scenario are to investigate and purchase a midi retrofit from somewhere (probably cost a couple hundred) or just use the synth as a source for samples.

No, the Jen has no CV inputs, or in fact any kind of input at all. You cannot control this synthesizer in any way without retrofitting.

I'm not sure what you want the software to do... Track the pitch of the synth output and turn that information into midi? That's a terrible waste of synth.

Yes, this is what I want.

you talking about a real time audio-to-midi vst?..

synodeia2 used to be "ok" (and free). it's abandoned now, but the wayback machine got the site..

http://web.archive.org/web/20071231222709/http://klanglabs.siliconemusic.com/freebies/synodeia2/synodeia2.htm

ReaTune might also be usable..

They both look good, and if one of these doesn't do the trick I'll find a pd patch or program it or something. Thank you :)

some of my knob caps are missing btw, as with a lot of Jens :( (that's what I meant with modded haha)

Yes, this is what I want.

might be a stupid question, but why don't you just get a cheap midi controller keyboard and use that? why do you need to use the Jen, seeing as you're not going to be capturing any of the audio from the device... Effectively you want to just use it as a controller keyboard? Seems an odd and inefficient way to achieve something very simple.

Uh yeah, I want to route it thru my nanozwerg. Atm I'm using the monotron as a filter box, but I want to use the Jen as a 2nd oscillator for my nanozwerg.

rue1t.gif

Are you trollin? How would midi tracking the pitch of the audio be a part of this?

answer the question - how is midi tracking the audio out from your Jen, in any way part of "using the Jen as a 2nd oscillator for my Nanozwerg"? it's not. if you want to use the Nanozwerg's filter to alter the sound of your Jen then you just plug then Jen directly into the Nanozwerg. There's no midi involvement at all. Why would there be? Do you know what midi is? Conversely, if you want to (oddly and unnecessarily) track the audio output from your Jen to give you midi information, then you're not going to have an audio out to plug into the Nanozwerg because it's being used to provide pitch information to any potential midi pitch tracking VST type thing. I mean, it sounds like you don't know what the fuck you're doing at all. Let's start again, why don't you list the gear you have, the DAW and/or sequencer you're using, and tell us exactly what you want to achieve with this. If we can understand your desired end result, we might be able to help! At the moment you just sound like a noob who's bought some gear you don't understand but want to make cool beatz like teh afex twins.

Now that I think about it I guess he could just split the audio signal and get midi for the nanozwerg + routing the audio into it as well. I doubt the midi conversion of the signal would be good enough or even fast enough for this to work well.

How about CV to midi?

Mod the synth to have CV out?

To be honest I don't get it either, wouldn't it be better to get a midi keyboard and route that to both synths?

I really don't get you guys sometimes.

maybe try elaborating a little bit? plenty of people here are obviously willing to help but you're responses have comprised of vague half sentences. I've read all your responses and I still don't understand what you're trying to accomplish exactly.

I simply think audio to midi is one of the most awesome ways of generating a midi-signal. Imagine you've got the pitch lfo'd, and play different long notes, and track the midi from that! It's also not that complicated, you simply gotta take the frequency of the signal, filter the junk out of it, and presto.

Now that I think about it I guess he could just split the audio signal and get midi for the nanozwerg + routing the audio into it as well. I doubt the midi conversion of the signal would be good enough or even fast enough for this to work well.

Yes, that is what I meant. I'm sorry I wasn't clear, I'm not always that good at explaining stuff. I imagine I can play my jen, route it through the nanozwerg, and at the same time have the nanozwerg's oscs running.

Archived